Call for Donations - All new donations go towards our 2014-2015 operating expenses. Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating. Click here to Donate

Photo

997 under body panels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JimB

JimB

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 107 posts
Neutral

Posted December 05, 2005 - 03:13 PM

I suppose this is a tough one but someone on here might have both a 996 and a 997 and know the answer. Or, Loren might be able to tell from the manuals. It's my understanding that one of the ways Porsche kept the 997 slippery while adding the bulges was by changing the panels on the bottom of the car. Does anyone know if this is true and, more importantly, if those panels can be retrofitted to the bottom of a 996? Now I would never consider this for my race car due to the fact that it would be illegal :D but I would be interested in knowing if it's possible. Jim

#2 Loren

Loren

Porsche Nut

• Admin
  • 28,358 posts
Outstanding

Posted December 05, 2005 - 03:50 PM

They look similar but I don't know if they will fit. There is a transmission cover now too. You can compare the parts below: Attached File  996_underlinings.pdf   43.65KB   153 downloads Attached File  997_underlinings.pdf   62.2KB   157 downloads

Loren

RennTech.org

PCA member since 1978

My Mods in the Registry

Has someone helped you with a good solution to your question(s)? If so, give them a reputation point by clicking the rep_up.png arrow at the bottom right corner of any post.

#3 JimB

JimB

Contributing Member

• Contributing Members
  • 107 posts
Neutral

Posted December 06, 2005 - 07:22 AM

Thanks Loren. It almost looks like they could work. The 997 panels certainly cover more area and appear to make for a much flatter bottom. Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The RennTech.org site is Member supported!   Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org    Make an ANNUAL donation to RennTech.org