Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Instructions For Rear Seat Back Removal - 996TT

Can anyone provide instructions on how to disassemble and remove the rear seat backs? I'd like to remove mine when I install my harness guide bar.

Thanks,

This might be a start:

http://www.imagineauto.com/tips3.htm

Thanks, but that doesn't help. It shows the seat backs folded forward, and the cover for the rear deck removed. I would like to remove the seat backs entirely. When my harness bar is installed, the seat backs must be upright to allow mounting the bar to the rear seatbelt anchor points. If I could remove the seat backs, I'd have more useable cargo space wit the bar in place.

Fred

• Admin

Pull the plastic covers off (items 7 (one each side) and 8) and then remove the bolts and hardware.

Porsche makes a kit (for the GT3) called a rollbar kit that replaces the holes and the side locking pins with nice looking hardware. It has gotten to be a little pricey though. 000.044.801.63 Rollbar Kit -- MSRP $124.09 (as of March 2006).

post-2-1143748369_thumb.jpg

Pull the plastic covers off (items 7 (one each side) and 8) and then remove the bolts and hardware.

Porsche makes a kit (for the GT3) called a rollbar kit that replaces the holes and the side locking pins with nice looking hardware. It has gotten to be a little pricey though. 000.044.801.63 Rollbar Kit -- MSRP $124.09 (as of March 2006).

post-2-1143748369_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Fred

• 1 year later...
Can anyone provide instructions on how to disassemble and remove the rear seat backs? I'd like to remove mine when I install my harness guide bar.

Thanks,

I'm thinking of removing the back seats in my '06 997. More of a GT3 look. Loren suggested I reach out to you to see how you car came out. I want to remove all including seat belts and bottoms. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks, Don

Thanks,

I'm thinking of removing the back seats in my '06 997. More of a GT3 look. Loren suggested I reach out to you to see how you car came out. I want to remove all including seat belts and bottoms. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks, Don

Hi it is really easy once you've done it. Keep that in mind as you walk through these instructions. On each side you see little black plastic bolt covers, snap them out/off, and you'll see a bolt holding an adjustable bracket for the seat back. Now remove the bolt and do the same on the other side. In between the backs you'll see a little triangular shaped plastic cover(#8 in the diagram). You'll need to raise the front lip of it away from the carpeting and at the same time pry it towards the front of the car. it is shaped a lot like a dog's head biting the bar that the seat backs are on bear that in mind when prying. If you put a screwdriver in the back of the dogs mouth and pry it off of your seat bar. You'll see the final piece of the puzzle once it is off. HTH

Edited by ViolaGT3
  • Like 1