Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Read Your Fault Codes For FREE Day

• Admin

What: Read Your Fault Codes For FREE Day

When: Saturday, May 6, 2006 -- 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Where: SharkWerks

4444 Technology Drive

Fremont, CA 94538

Mainline: (510) 651-0300

Map

More Info:

Did you know most Porsches have 6 or more control units that record fault codes?

Did you know that many fault codes do not turn on a warning light?

Did you know that some fault codes are "pending"?

On Saturday, May 6, 2006 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM SharkWerks is allowing us to use their shop (and parking lot) to read your car's system controllers for FREE. Both Alex (SharkWerks) and I have the latest Durametric Software to read and your fault codes in your DME, ABS, Airbag, Alarm, Heating and A/C, Seat Memory, Tiptronic, and more. The software will also report out all Actual DME Values and DME information (such as stage 1 and stage 2 ignitions, operating hours, radio code, etc.).

I will also have my PST2 for verification and to reset any alarm codes.

We will suggest potential causes for the fault(s) and reset (if you want) any fault codes.

Time permitting we can also turn on OBC or Cruise Control for those planning to add those functions.

For 993, 986, 996, GT2, GT3, TT, and Cayenne. only at this time. Sorry, no 987 or 997 this time -- but you are welcome to come and watch.

Durametric has just added the 987 and 997 to their software so we will be able to read/reset fault codes for them also.

Hope to see you there...

What: Read Your Fault Codes For FREE Day

When: Saturday, May 6, 2006 -- 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Where: SharkWerks

4444 Technology Drive

Fremont, CA 94538

Mainline: (510) 651-0300

Map

More Info:

Did you know most Porsches have 6 or more control units that record fault codes?

Did you know that many fault codes do not turn on a warning light?

Did you know that some fault codes are "pending"?

On Saturday, May 6, 2006 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM SharkWerks is allowing us to use their shop (and parking lot) to read your car's system controllers for FREE. Both Alex (SharkWerks) and I have the latest Durametric Software to read and your fault codes in your DME, ABS, Airbag, Alarm, Heating and A/C, Seat Memory, Tiptronic, and more. The software will also report out all Actual DME Values and DME information (such as stage 1 and stage 2 ignitions, operating hours, radio code, etc.).

I will also have my PST2 for verification and to reset any alarm codes.

We will suggest potential causes for the fault(s) and reset (if you want) any fault codes.

Time permitting we can also turn on OBC or Cruise Control for those planning to add those functions.

For 986, 996, GT2, GT3, TT, and Cayenne. only at this time. Sorry, no 987 or 997 this time -- but you are welcome to come and watch.

Durametric has just added the 987 and 997 to their software so we will be able to read/reset fault codes for them also.

Hope to see you there...

Thanks Loren and always good to see you... I forgot to mention that for those of you that do have a 997, I do have a code fault reader and reset tool for it but it's not anywhere near as sophisticated as the PST2. It'll reset your codes tho...

Also I'm not sure what cars will be here but I'm guessing at least a 800HP 996TT, 700HP 996TT and maybe a Super Charged 997S;) Will they have any codes is the question :jump:

Added the 993 to the list of cars we can check.

Durametric just sent me the 993 special cable.

Oh cool.. the 'ol roundy cable then? Too bad I don't have my car because I'd could give you guys a few codes you've never seen before:)

• Admin

Added the 993 to the list of cars we can check.

Durametric just sent me the 993 special cable.

Oh cool.. the 'ol roundy cable then? Too bad I don't have my car because I'd could give you guys a few codes you've never seen before:)

No, this is the later version OBD II type connector. They are working on a custom version of the older round type connector. The original manufacturer has not made the round connector for something like 10 years.

I just got back from Sharkwerks and meeting Alex, James and Loren. I really enjoyed meeting all three, checking out the shop and the Durametric software, and talking about Porsches. I was happy to learn that I had no stage 2 ignitions. Loren reset a couple of minor alarm codes and used the PST2 to reset a convertible top code. The Durametric software was pretty impressive. If they figure out a way to engage the ABS for changing the brake fluid, and also could read and calibrate convertible tops, I think I'd have to buy one. Thanks again guys for your hospitality.

Doug

• Admin

Thanks! We all enjoyed it too.

I think we had about 18 or 20 cars come by to get their codes read. 986 Boxsters, 996 Carreras, TTs, GT2, 997 and a 997S but no Cayennes :huh:

Some happy folks (no codes) and some surprising faults. I think 4 of the 5 Cabs/Boxsters we tested had convertible top faults that the owners were not aware of. In one case we used the PST2 to re-calibrate the top on a Cab (re-synch the transmissions?).

Thanks to the folks at Durametric - I think they will get some good feedback from this.

Special thanks to the folks at SharkWerks for allowing us to use their shop and... for all their top notch technical and tuning advice. :thumbup:

I just got back from Sharkwerks and meeting Alex, James and Loren. I really enjoyed meeting all three, checking out the shop and the Durametric software, and talking about Porsches. I was happy to learn that I had no stage 2 ignitions. Loren reset a couple of minor alarm codes and used the PST2 to reset a convertible top code. The Durametric software was pretty impressive. If they figure out a way to engage the ABS for changing the brake fluid, and also could read and calibrate convertible tops, I think I'd have to buy one. Thanks again guys for your hospitality.

Doug

Thanks Doug, Loren and everyone that showed up.. The strangest code had to be the GT2 with the "wing" fault" but other than that I think everyone left trouble free;) This was a demo run so we'll have to do this again sometimes!

Thanks! We all enjoyed it too.

I think we had about 18 or 20 cars come by to get their codes read. 986 Boxsters, 996 Carreras, TTs, GT2, 997 and a 997S but no Cayennes :huh:

Some happy folks (no codes) and some surprising faults. I think 4 of the 5 Cabs/Boxsters we tested had convertible top faults that the owners were not aware of. In one case we used the PST2 to re-calibrate the top on a Cab (re-synch the transmissions?).

Thanks to the folks at Durametric - I think they will get some good feedback from this.

Special thanks to the folks at SharkWerks for allowing us to use their shop and... for all their top notch technical and tuning advice. :thumbup:

No Cayennes indeed! I'm wondering how many faults those guys have <grin>? And again it was our pleasure and a lot fo fun. We'll have to do this again so thanks for setting it up and then some Loren!