Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Heated Seat Switch electrical schematic

Hi guys. I have a 98 Boxster that I am considering putting in aftermarket heated seats. (I'm thinking about these: http://www.heatedseatkits.com/). I've checked out Dennis' DIY guide, and while handy, I'm not in that league....The only problem is that I would like the seat switches to look stock. Today I picked up a Porsche heated seat switch for around $45. It has 5 connectors or plugs on the underside. Does anyone have a schematic for these connectors so that I can wire the aftermarket seat heater wires to the stock switch?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I just installed a retro fit kit on my 996, everything works great. I bought the OEM buttons from porsche But can't figure out the pin schematic on the back on the switches???? does anyone know?

any help would be great email it to me at intoxiquer@hotmail.com

How much is this kit? U are thinking to buy?

Hi guys. I have a 98 Boxster that I am considering putting in aftermarket heated seats. (I'm thinking about these: http://www.heatedseatkits.com/). I've checked out Dennis' DIY guide, and while handy, I'm not in that league....The only problem is that I would like the seat switches to look stock. Today I picked up a Porsche heated seat switch for around $45. It has 5 connectors or plugs on the underside. Does anyone have a schematic for these connectors so that I can wire the aftermarket seat heater wires to the stock switch?

Thanks in advance for your help.

My wife bought two of the "Extreme" models from this site for my '98 Boxster for Christmas. She ordered by phone and was very specific about needing a kit that fit the '98 Boxster. Their are problems from every angle with this kit. The seat heater elements don't fit the seats and require that all internal seatcover attachments that are cross wise of the seat bottom and seat back to be removed. The two internal attachments along the side seat bolsters can remain. Now the seat bottom insert bulges up because it is not longer being held down by three cross seams. Their circuit design is not for momentary contact switches like the Porsche seat heater switches. Also their switch has in its pigtail a circuit board that makes it high heat and low heat output on the same hot wire. Clever but problematic as it breaks from the Porsche wiring schematic. You can not just wire in the Porsche switch. Fixing this to use the Porsche switches require relays to replace their switch with the relay outputs going to the output terminals of their switch. Their switch has 4 wires (probably the ground, backlight, high and low) and the porsche switch has 3 terminals that involve the heater. The two outside terminals on the porsche switch are for the backlight. The center terminal is the common.

I have made three requests to their customer service for a wiring diagram. Their response was that they have requested wiring diagrams from the manufacturer and they have refused to give them the information. This site is simply a marketing site, it does not have technical resources.