Server Lease Renewal/Software Licenses
Our yearly server lease, software licenses, as well as hardware operating costs are due Dec 6th, 2017. Our current donations have fallen far short of the funds we need to renew. Please consider a donation to help... THANK YOU!
Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must login to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.
Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org
- View Classified Ads
- DIY Tutorials
- Porsche TSB Listings
- VIN Decoder
- Special Offers
- OBD II P-Codes
- Paint Codes
- Videos System
- and get rid of this welcome message
It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE
Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)
- No ads - advertisements are removed
- Access the Contributors Only Forum
- Contributing Members Only Downloads
- Send attachments with PMs
- All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
- Option Codes Lookup
- VIN Option Lookups (limited)
These forums are a place for Technical Porsche Discussion. The goal here is not to replace other Porsche boards but to offer folks a place where the content is primarily technical.
If you need technical information about Porsche's (whether you own one or not), or would like to ask technical questions related to Porsche's this is the right place. We do ask that you register here in order to post or reply to a message. We do this so that moderators and others answering questions are not confused by several people with the "Guest" name.
- Please post your messages in one forum only. Crossposting, double posting, triple posting, etc. are all a waste of time and valuable resources. If you post the same message in multiple times or in multiple forums, we will delete the ones we feel are inappropriate.
- Please keep your posts on topic - Porsche's and Porsche related technical discussions - period. Non-Porsche related content will be removed.
- No bumping. Do not bump posts. Bumping a post to "the top" does not help your topic get noticed. The volunteers who try to answer questions look for those without replies first - bumping defeats this. Bumped posts will be removed.
- No commercial posting, signatures, user names, avatars, or profile statements (including images) are allowed. Please understand "advertisements" will be either edited or deleted, as it's neither "fair" to those who support this site - nor "us", the RennTech.org community.
- No personal soliciting of any kind for products, services, or funds.
- Name calling or harassment of any kind directed towards another member or members will not be tolerated.
- Messages, signatures, or user names posted with vulgarity, sexual reference, or obscene images will be deleted, and a warning will be issued or you may be banned. Help keep our forums clean, and a cut above the rest.
- Negative, or disrespectful comments directed towards the Administrators or Moderators of RennTech.org will not be tolerated. Members who wish to take this approach will be banned.
- Please use the Search feature before posting. Many questions have been answered here already. Then, if you can not find you question/answer - post your question in the appropriate forum. Please do not send an email or a PM (Personal Message) to an Admin or Moderator before you have searched and posted.
Please remember, posting is a privilege! While we encourage free thinking, speech and expressions, taking it to the edge can be harmful to others, as well as yourself. So let cooler heads prevail, and we will all be better for it.
By registering here you agree not to post (or link to) any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board. Repeat offenders will be banned from this site and their accounts as well as the offending material will be deleted.
RennTech.org has a Zero Tolerance SPAM policy. Anyone spamming RennTech.org forums, or capturing e-mail addresses (in any way) will be immediately terminated, banned from this site. You will also be reported to your ISP and the FTC. If you violate this policy and it causes damage or loss to the servers, or causes our web sites to be interrupted from normal service, you will be held liable for damages and loss of business.
- Sending any e-mail with the RennTech.org name, or any of our web site addresses, to anyone that has not requested this information from you first.
- Sending any e-mail with the RennTech.org name or our web site address, to any type of "lead" or "prospect" before you have received a request for more info from them.
- Using any e-mail addresses found within RennTech.org to sign up any address to a mail list, private forum, public forum, unsolicited BULK MAILING or any/all e-mail that does NOT comply with OPT-IN / OPT-OUT services.
All of the rules above also pertain to the live chat feature on this board. Violating these rules in live chat will result in the same outcome as violating the rules in the rest of the site. All live chats have recorded logs.
RennTech.org is a free site - supported by donations. The people that work behind the scenes to bring you what you see are all Porsche enthusiasts, as well as volunteers. The time and effort to run the site and forums is great. If you have suggestions or comments about the site, please present them in a constructive manner.
Finally, the rules are simple - keep it clean and friendly... and keep it on topic. This board is primarily for Porsche related technical questions and answers. If you feel the need to flame other individuals, companies or message boards then your participation will not be welcome here.