Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. 86 928S my signal indicator starts flashing as soon as turn the key on, no lights on outside are on when it does this. If turn on signals or emergency flashers they work normally.
  3. Richard Hamilton

Fault codes from sensors that does not exist

I've never heard of anything like that before. The only thing I can think of is that the program is corrupted, or the DME is faulty. I guess you could try getting it re-flashed. Sorry - not much help. I assume that the car runs fine, and you don't have a CEL. As the RoW 2.5's aren't OBD2 compliant, many of the fault codes don't throw a CEL.
  4. JFP in PA

Exhaust Smells Sweet, No Smoke at All

It is a VW adaptor.
  5. Yesterday
  6. Sam Stevenson

I tried renting a pressure leak tester and threaded adapter from a local O'reilly, but nothing fit over my coolant reservoir cap. Is there an adapter I can pick up for cheap? preferably something I could pick up locally so I don't have to wait to get this test done. I'm just getting anxious not being able to drive at all. I just ordered this part that claims to work. Let me know if anyone knows otherwise so I can cancel the order. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FIJZWEQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  7. Kornelius Andreassen

Yes it is a 2.5. I have had the car for a few years and the codes appeared a year ago or so. The DME have not been changed
  8. b3freak

New 996TT owner

Nice 996TT! Daily Driver? You must have to get to work quick! hahaha 😁
  9. Do we know that the heater core flowthrough is necessary to proper engine cooling? I doubt that it is. If so, a simple shutoff valve may be used. I did this on my Ford truck, and it makes the AC far more effective. If the cutoff valve turns out to make the engine run hot, it can be left in the open position with no harm done, or it could be replaced with a simple pipe nipple. This is what I used on my Ford. Obviously you gotta get the correct pipe diameter for this application. But it works well: shut it off in spring, open 'er back up in the fall.
  10. rlrjr

Lost Radio Code - post your request here

Thank you for the assist. Will try it when I get home from work.
  11. Loren

Try 4365
  12. rlrjr

If possible, can I get some assistance with the radio code for my CDR-220 radio, serial number Y5042657, type 4462, 24/99, car vin WPOCA298XYU627968
  13. Loren

You did not read the Lost Radio Code FAQ... "Can you give me a code for my PCM? These units are manufactured jointly by Siemens and Becker, and the only place where you can get the codes required is from the dealer/OPC. The PCM’s require two codes, the ICS/Siemens code, and a Becker code. The ICS is the first code requested. Sorry, the only place you can get a PCM code is from a dealer/OPC."
  14. Send me the VIN in a PM - I will check and make sure what country build it is.
  15. Richard Hamilton

Is this a 2.5 Boxster? Have you had the car for long? Could it have been re-programmed with the US fuel map by mistake, or have a US DME fitted?
  16. matmalo

Hello, I lost my PCM codes and my battery went down. can you help me ? I tried 0528 but this code is not ok. Thanks Mathieu
  17. Kornelius Andreassen

I know that the P1602 are from me disconnecting the battery 🙂 I have cleared the codes several times but the P1397, P0140, P0160, P1117 and P1121 always comes back
  18. My advice is to clear all the codes - drive the car -and see which ones come back. Codes like the P1602 are leftover from a battery change or when the battery was disconnected. Report back which codes came back.
  19. Last week
  20. My Porsche boxster 986 gets these fault codes but it is an European car without sensors behind the cat. How do I get rid of the codes when the sensors aren't there?
  21. Boulderx45

Change Key Fob housing problems

If you get the key working could you please share the process? I've got a working key that has a broken ring so it won't go on my key chain. I've got a quote of $500 from dealership to replace. I would like to find a less expensive key.
  22. JFP in PA

One or more plugs might look marginally cleaner than the others. It does not take a lot of coolant in the combustion to make it smell, but fortunately there are relatively easy tests like seeing if the cooling system holds pressure, or testing the space above the coolant in the surge tank for combustion by products that will confirm or eliminate an internal leak.
  23. Sam Stevenson

Wouldn't I be able to notice that when I pull the spark plugs though? I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on any of the 6 spark plugs.
  24. JFP in PA

Sweet smells in the exhaust are oftent due to coolant being burned in the combustion process. I would have the entire cooling system pressure tested as soon as possible. This should not be treated lightly as it will only get worse.
  25. Sam Stevenson

Okay, great. I just ordered one and some spark plugs since I already have the old ones out.
  26. Replacing the coolant reservoir cap with the latest '04' version is possibly the least expensive preemptive maintenance that there is on a Porsche. Strongly recommended.
  27. Sam Stevenson

I haven't been able to clear codes yet It is the 5 spd manual coolant cap is blue with part number 996.106.447.00 (I did notice a little bit of fluid here that I didn't remember before. I do think I tightened the cap pretty good though) Engine oil cap is as it should be. Got all the spark plugs out and they all look fine. From my prior experience this would indicate that there is no coolant getting into any of the combustion chamber. Since the smell is near the exhaust I'll check the coolant tank and remove the trunk carpeting and see.
  28. Also, when parking brake is engaged the light in the cluster on the dash is lit indicating brake is engaged.
  1. Load more activity
  • RennTech.org Store at Amazon.com

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.