Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

• Admin

Parts are $1558.80 (see Porsche Parts at Dealer Cost above). If you just install the mufflers (open all the time) you are looking at about 1 hour labor. If you install all the electronics and vacuum stuff then it is an additional 5 to 9 hours. Porsche quotes 10 hours total in the their install TSB. Here in Calif we (unfortunately) expect to pay $80 - $100 (USD) per hour for labor.

The aftermarket installation looks great and I am sure it sounds wonderful. I wonder if it causes any problems with OBD, O2 sensor and the like. I guess we are always pushing things and I am not sure if it's worth it. Very tempting, thanks.

ElusiveC4,

With respect to sound, all I can say is fantastic. I have had mine for about 800km now and it has really opened up. The growl is becoming louder and more sweet than initial install. The other thing I have noticed is that the fuel economy is actually better. Don't know what this might be attributed to but I actually hold 2nd and 3rd longer than I used to and the fuel economy has improved. If anything I would have thought with this kind of driving style it would decrease the fuel economy. The last time I filled up I needed 50litres of fuel and did 370km. This included a fair amount of kms done with the A/C running as well. I normally get 420kms out of 50 litres in my Nissan Maxima so 50kms less in the 911 isn't too bad IMO.

Parts are $1558.80 (see Porsche Parts at Dealer Cost above). If you just install the mufflers (open all the time) you are looking at about 1 hour labor. If you install all the electronics and vacuum stuff then it is an additional 5 to 9 hours. Porsche quotes 10 hours total in the their install TSB. Here in Calif we (unfortunately) expect to pay $80 - $100 (USD) per hour for labor.

Loren.

Thats obscene. The labour charge for Porsche in the UK is £90 an hour. This translates to $166 at current rates. :offtopic:

netrophile,

Unfortunately it is not a direct correlation when converting labour rates. In Australia it is AU$100 => US$75 Unfortunately in Australia that is expensive due to the lower salaries and higher tax rates on income. The same with the UK you need to compare salaries and all other costs. You earn pounds therefore pay in pounds, I earn AUD I pay in AUD. It's just a part of life. BTW don't complain we pay the equivalent of US$160,000 for a 911 996 C2 Cab. Now that is ridiculous. :cursing: :offtopic: