Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

• 7 months later...

Hi All

Asked local (leeds) dealer

said it is NOT possible due to needing loads of sensors etc :(

Don't understand as there are loads of adverts for aftermarket options.

Did you have any luck?

Is there a TSB LOREN please help :P

The Tequipment Catalogue lists a retrofit for the Cayenne - Part Number 955.044.903.00 at £325 +VAT, but it is MUCH cheaper to buy the parts individually. I don't know if the Tequipment price includes fitting, but I doubt it. If you DIY you will need to find someone with a PIWIS tester to code the car afterwards.

It sounds like your OPC are trying to fob you off, as they probably don't know how to do it. Apparently, the instructions are in the on-line PIWIS system.

The Tequipment Catalogue lists a retrofit for the Cayenne - Part Number 955.044.903.00 at £325 +VAT, but it is MUCH cheaper to buy the parts individually. I don't know if the Tequipment price includes fitting, but I doubt it. If you DIY you will need to find someone with a PIWIS tester to code the car afterwards.

It sounds like your OPC are trying to fob you off, as they probably don't know how to do it. Apparently, the instructions are in the on-line PIWIS system.

Thank you again Richard

Got to ask - how do you buy the part separately???? And what is the "Tequipment Catalogue"????

So far as OPC Leeds - took them over a week to get the CD Autochanger bracket, but at least they did supply all the nuts & bolts which made fitting a breeze :D

Kind regards

Lee

The Tequipment Catalogue is Porsche's catalogue of all the aftersales parts you can buy. Everything from carpet mats to exhausts.

You can download an older pdf copy from: https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinfo/VFMod...pe=MainFrameSet .

(Go to GB > Genuine Parts Catalogue > Tequipment Cayenne, but being an old version, it doesn't show the cruise kit.

Here is the parts breakdown, and I've added the prices of the individual parts in GBP (ex-VAT).

955 044 903 00 - cruise control retrofit kit 03-

comprising:

955 613 261 00 B41 - switch - 1@40.82

955 044 903 01 - wiring harness - 1@8.27

N 103 357 01 - pin - 1@0.09

999 650 135 22 - contact bush - 1@0.14

N 909 068 01 - torx screw - 2@0.10

N 910 207 01 - screw - 1@3.48

Edited by Richard Hamilton

Thank you again Richard

Looking at the list ~ £50+vat can this be correct????

Where do you get this information from???

Sorry to keep asking questions, but only owned the CS for about 2 weeks and still feel like a child

So really new to this Porsche ownership - satisfaction of a promise to myself since I was about 6 to own a Porsche before my 40th :lol:

Is there any way to get the newer copy and a price list? Seen loads of stuff to spend my hard earned on

Than you again

Lee

• 4 weeks later...

I am in the same situation. Two month ago i checked with my local stealer what a cruise control retro fit would cost me. I told him that i have heard that the only things required is the switch and some programming.

After some research in his office the guy came back and told me that its way more difficult and made me an offer of 800 euros for the retrofit. What a rip off!

So i decided to go for a DIY. Mounting the switch cant be that difficult. However i have no clue where to connect the wire. I have to say that i dont have the parts from Richards list yet. Do you have to connect the wire somewhere underneath the dash board or wire it all the way to the place where the DME is located? TSB or pictures needed, please help.

BTW Thank you Richard for providing the parts list, very helpful!

Chris

I am assuming that the wiring harness plugs in to the steering column control module - the same way it does on a 987 cruise retrofit.

When I tried to order the individual parts, the OPC told me that I could buy the stalk separately, BUT it was an exchange item, and if I didn't return the old unit there was a £201 ($400) surcharge. They would happily sell me the retrofit kit though. I didn't buy one.

By the way, the part number of the switch has changed. It is now 955 613 261 X B41, and is priced at about £72.

• Moderators

Chriz

You can buy the stalk separately, it is not exchange. The single wire go's in the electric connector-fuse box in the engine room under the left wiper, i let you know tomorrow in which connector and possition.

Chriz

You can buy the stalk separately, it is not exchange. The single wire go's in the electric connector-fuse box in the engine room under the left wiper, i let you know tomorrow in which connector and possition.

Can you please let us all know where to get the NON exchange part from???

Just paused before I order from Porsche Parts at Cost - 4 weeks +++ from Germany to USA then USA to UK 2 Weeks ++++

Madness

BTW £85 plus shipping

Thanks

Lee

The single wire go's in the electric connector-fuse box in the engine room under the left wiper, i let you know tomorrow in which connector and possition.

Great. Looking forward to your post.

BTW. I was told that all part numbers ending with the letter 'X' are for exchange.

Chriz

You can buy the stalk separately, it is not exchange.

That's not what Porsche Reading told me. Can you double-check to see if it is available in Belgium separately?

The single wire go's in the electric connector-fuse box in the engine room under the left wiper, i let you know tomorrow in which connector and possition.

I would be interested to see that too.

• Moderators

Chriz

The single wire go's in the blue connector pin 3 and in the stalk pin 5. Installing the wire and the stalk is an easy DIY.

Program the DME and STEERING WHEEL ELECTRONICS is a dealer job.

Richard

The stalk is available separately and screwed in the backing unit, cars without cruise have no stalk there is nothing to exchange, the backing unit is still the same.

Hope it helps.

RFM

I think you misunderstand me - something lost in translation :huh: . I understand that it is an easy retrofit, but it seems that Porsche in the UK are making it difficult to buy the stalk by itself. They tell me the original part is no longer available, and the replacement part is supplied on an exchange basis only. If you don't have an old one to exchange there is a surcharge. Maybe guys in the UK should try to find a supplier in Belgium to get the parts!

Many thanks for all the information about wiring and programming. Your posts are always helpful.

• Moderators

Understood Richard, i have a visit next Tuesday at a dealership and i will check for separate stalk availability.

Understood Richard, i have a visit next Tuesday at a dealership and i will check for separate stalk availability.

Hi Chriz

Can you also let me know the outcome, got to be easier than ordering from USA

Many thanks

Lee

Hi RFM

Ordered the retro kit from Gert - http://www.carnewal-europe.com/main.htm

Don't know if this helps. He is ordering direct from Germany with an approx lead time of 7days to the UK. So I am very impressed.

Just wondering if you could post or pm me with more details about the install?? Interested in where the wire routes, pictures would be really helpful especially of the "blue connector"

Thanks

Lee

• Moderators

Richard

The stalk is still available separately in Belgium, it is even easier for UK ( RHD cars ) to go directly to the DME, which is located in front of the steering wheel in the water drain room, pin A38 grey/yellow wire and make the connection there, if you can find access in the environment of the emergency brake pedal. All you have to do is: buy the original stalk ( 955 613 261 00 ) + pin and screws in the dealership, 1 meter wire 0,35 mm diameter in a shop and you can start. Program is a dealer job.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Switch et al arrived today - thank you Gert - what an array of items I have, and I have no idea what needs doing. :unsure:

Please help.

Got the easy bits done - removed steering trim :D

Cant see how to put switch in without removing the steering wheel & Contact unit for airbag. Not a job I am even going to attempt - ever!!!!

So far as wiring up the switch, it looks like its alread done, part of the wiring loom.

If anyone has some instructions I would love the assistance. So far not an easy DIY job.

Come on RennTech please help... :renntech:

Thanks in anticipation

Lee

Edited by nc35