Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

ROW M030 PN for MY02

Guest 02 Blue C02

Guest 02 Blue C02

Hi Loren,

I have seen a couple of your previous posts where you call out part numbers for the ROW M030 suspension. Can you confirm these part numbers apply to the 996 C2 across all years or have they been changed for later models. A couple of questions about on the subject:

1)My C2 is a 2002 model and I am about to order the set up and want to make sure I am getting the correct parts.

2) The shop that will be installing had a concern that the parts list and I quote :

" On your parts listing I don't see any upper mount for the shocks in the

front or rear. There is a compensation ring that helps to set ride height in

the front and rear top mount. In the front the ring is either 3.0mm or 6.5mm

and in the rear the ring is either 0.5mm or 4.0mm. The ring used is

determined by the spring used and the paint code on the spring. I am trying

to determine if the rings you have on your stock suspension can be reused

with the Euro M030 setup". Loren can you shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Gary

Myersville, MD

18" Turbo Look Wheels

Pirelli PZero N4

PSE (no switch)

Twin Exhaust Tips

• Admin

Gary,

1. There are different suspension parts for almost all model differences (i.e coupe, cab, 4 wheel drive, 6 speed or automatic). To get the right suspension parts I will need to know: model year, body style (coupe or cab), 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive, and 6 speed or Tiptronic. The differences are subtle in most cases but I think you do want the suspension parts Porsche designed and tuned for your car.

2. Yes, there are spring compensation plates. The spring compensation plate you need is easy to identify because Porsche uses a color code on the spring itself. For example, on the front springs you will find two bands of color (like green - white) together that tell you what spring model version (like RoW M030). There is also a third color band (on a different coil) that tells you the tolerance group the spring is in. This code stipulates the spring compensatotin plate to use. For the front is: White = 3.0 mm compensation plate or Green = 6.5 mm compensation plate. On the rear the color codes are: White = 0.5 mm compensation plate or Green = 4 mm compensation plate.

FYI... the shocks also have a color code that tells which suspension they belong with. For the front shocks (White dot = standard suspension RoW/USA; and Green dot = sport suspension RoW/USA). For the rear shocks (Brown dot = standard suspension RoW/USA; Grey dot = sport suspension USA; and Green dot = sport suspension RoW).

Guest 02 Blue C02

Loren,

Thanks for the reply. Here is my Pcar information:

2002 Carrera Coupe

C2 two wheel drive

6 speed manual transmission

Would it be possible for you to provide the part name and part number for my Pcar so that I would end up ordering the correct ROW M030 suspension, to include the compensation plate (ring)?

My car currently has the standard suspension that was part of the base C2 from the factory.

Thanks,

Gary

• Admin

MY02 Coupe -- 2 wheel drive -- 6 speed -- RoW M030 Sport Suspension Parts:

Front

996 343 041 18 -- Shocks

996 343 531 19 -- Coil Spring (set of 2), color coded Green/White

996 343 701 04 -- Stabilizer (swaybar) (23.6 mm)

996 343 511 00 -- 3.0 mm compensation plate

or

996 343 511 01 -- 6.5 mm compensation plate

Rear

996 333 051 22 -- Shocks

996 333 531 26 -- Coil Spring (set of 2), color coded Green/White

996 333 701 17 -- Stabilizer (swaybar) (19.6 mm)

996 333 105 03 -- Additional Spring (bump stop 13 mm shorter than stock)

996 333 511 02 -- 0.5 mm compensation plate

or

996 333 511 03 -- 4.0 mm compensation plate

Guest 02 Blue C02

Loren,

Thanks!!!!!

I suspect that because I have the standard suspension parts that means I have the F 3.0mm and R 0.5mm compensation plates. It looks by the "or" statement in the parts list that I can use the existing plates or opt for the larger ones.

In your opinion is there any advantage to go to the larger size plates?

Gary

• Admin

Gary,

See my first post... there is a tolerance code on each spring that is used to define the proper compensation plate. You won't know what that is until you get the springs. Plus -- there is a 50-50 chance that it is the same as what you already have. If not, you will need to get the correct one. Most installation/alignment shops can take care of this for you.

BTW... who are you buying this from? Gert at Carewal.com has done many of these. I recommend him.

• Moderators

Gary....When I converted my C4 from US M030 to ROW M030 I did the same part number research. Then I ordered a set of the shorter spring/spacer/compensators for both ends of the car. The springs come in matched axel sets so both are either the shorter or longer tolerance groups for a given end. I wanted the lowest ride height for whichever tolerance group springs I got and so decided to go with the thinner compensators/spacers no matter which springs I had. I ended up with the slightly longer front springs and the slightly shorter rear spring tolerance groups and put the shorter spacers on both ends. It looks great and handles just fine. We are only talking about 2-3mm differences anyway.

Guest 02 Blue C02

Loren,

I am ordering from Carnwell today. I was just trying to get all the right part as the same time to insure my porsche shop could complete the installation with out having to wait for parts, or put another way so that I would not go into withdrawl not being able to drive :)

I appreciate all you input and as usual it was very helpful..Thankyou!

Clord,

Thanks for the feedback, lower is better :)

Gary

jpg_blue6.jpg

Myersville, MD

18" Turbo Look Wheels (removed)

18" Carrera Wheels (installed)

Pirelli PZero N4

PSE (no switch)

Twin Exhaust Tips

• 8 years later...

Hi,

This appears to be an older thread but it pertains to my qustion.

If the springs are Green/White with another Blue dot on another coil, what does this mean? Does the third dot have to match the color on the shock body?

Also, do the thicker compensation plates lift the car up by about 3 mm (difference between the two compensation plate thicknesses)? Do the compensation plates come with the kit?

Lastly, do you have updated part numbers for MY02 C2 manual coupe (for ROW)?

• Admin

Hi,

This appears to be an older thread but it pertains to my qustion.

If the springs are Green/White with another Blue dot on another coil, what does this mean? Does the third dot have to match the color on the shock body?

Also, do the thicker compensation plates lift the car up by about 3 mm (difference between the two compensation plate thicknesses)? Do the compensation plates come with the kit?

Lastly, do you have updated part numbers for MY02 C2 manual coupe (for ROW)?

The compensation plates are to adjust for differences in the body and spring height. In most cases you are best to stick with what is already there.

post-1-0-29730800-1319739956_thumb.png

I will also need your transmission type to get the correct part numbers.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info. What if C in the diagram above is green, would I refer to your earlier post above? Also, the third dot (blue) on the springs are not listed in this thread, any idea?

So regardless of compensation plate thickness, as long as they correspond to the color, would the lowering height be the same, or will there be a difference of 3-4 mm in lowering between the different plates? When you say to stick with what is already there, do I just reuse the ones installed on the current suspension components?

Transmission is 6 speed manual for updated part numbers.

Thanks for your help.

• Admin

Thanks for the info. What if C in the diagram above is green, would I refer to your earlier post above? Also, the third dot (blue) on the springs are not listed in this thread, any idea?

So regardless of compensation plate thickness, as long as they correspond to the color, would the lowering height be the same, or will there be a difference of 3-4 mm in lowering between the different plates? When you say to stick with what is already there, do I just reuse the ones installed on the current suspension components?

Transmission is 6 speed manual for updated part numbers.

Thanks for your help.

As of Oct 27, 2011...

MY02 Coupe -- 2 wheel drive -- 6 speed -- RoW M030 Sport Suspension Parts:

Front

996 343 041 28 -- Shocks

996 343 531 19 504 -- Coil Spring (set of 2), color coded Green/whiteWhite

996 343 701 04 -- Stabilizer (swaybar) (23.6 mm)

996 343 511 00 -- 3.0 mm compensation plate

or

996 343 511 01 -- 6.5 mm compensation plate

Rear

996 333 051 26 -- Shocks

996 333 531 26 504 -- Coil Spring (set of 2), color coded Green/whiteWhite

996 333 701 26 -- Stabilizer (swaybar) (19.6 mm)

996 333 105 02 -- Additional Spring (bump stop 13 mm shorter than stock)

996 333 511 02 -- 0.5 mm compensation plate

or

996 333 511 03 -- 4.0 mm compensation plate

• Admin

There is not rear shock listed with part number 996.333.051.49.

These are individual parts not a kit. Many times folks want to know what comes in the kit or can they buy the parts individually - that is what this thread was about.

You can buy the kit 000.044.500.35 from any dealer/vendor willing to get the kit from Europe (it is not sold in North America unless a dealer special orders it).

Thanks for your help. With respect to the plates, looks like I need to reuse what's already on the car's existing shocks. Would just hate to take everything apart only to discover that I need to order the appropriate plates.

Edited by 99jules

• 3 years later...
  • Admin

Loren,

What parts would I need for a ROW Sports setup for a my02 c2, manual, cab? Currently has standard USA suspension.

For a USA MY02 C2 manual Cab to ROW suspension:

KIt: 000 044 500 35 Reftrofit kit 30 mm lower

If you can not find the kit Carnewal.com likely still has the parts (tell Gert you are from RennTech.org)

• 1 month later...