Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

WOCD Sacramento area

• Admin

Once again we have been graciously invited to use the lift and garage facilities of the Bordens....a RennTech couple who live about 45 minutes up off of Highway 50 east of Sacramento. David and Mary have a formal detached garage with a lift for those projects that might require some work underneath. There are also floor jacks, jack stands etc for those project that don't need a lift.

Date/Time: Saturday, November 1, 2008 from 10 AM to 5 PM.

(All projects need to be completed by 5 PM at the latest.)

I will provide directions to those that do not already have them closer to the date.

If you have a project you would like to do please post (as a reply) it here.

This is postponed - see the end of this thread for more information.

Edited by Loren
Added postponement

Once again we have been graciously invited to use the lift and garage facilities of the Bordens....a RennTech couple who live about 45 minutes up off of Highway 50 east of Sacramento. David and Mary have a formal detached garage with a lift for those projects that might require some work underneath. There are also floor jacks, jack stands etc for those project that don't need a lift.

Date/Time: Saturday, November 1, 2008 from 10 AM to 5 PM.

(All projects need to be completed by 5 PM at the latest.)

I will provide directions to those that do not already have them closer to the date.

If you have a project you would like to do please post (as a reply) it here.

I would love to hook up my OBC. I don't know if there will be enough time to do a four stalk or not, a switch would be fine. It's alreadybeen turned on, so it's just a matter of hooking up the wireing and things.

This is a great time of year to take off your front bumpers and clean out the leaves and road debris that has accumulated there over the year....it also helps keep your front radiators free of obstructions and helps keep your engine temps down. By the time November rolls around, the leaves would be falling and a great time to drop the front bumper. I'm going to do an install of the Griot's Italian Air Horns....137 DB keeps the trucks from moving into your lane!!

Loren...I'll definitely be there...and my thanks again to Dave and Mary for offering the facilities of their home and garage. I think that perhaps we might consider bringing a dish or two to provide goodies to eat ....maybe a snack dish and chips etc???

I''m looking foward to this event.

Chuck

Tom,

I did my 4-stalk in an evening after work. So there should be enough time (as long as you've got all the parts). I'd be happy to help.

Anne

I would love to hook up my OBC. I don't know if there will be enough time to do a four stalk or not, a switch would be fine. It's alreadybeen turned on, so it's just a matter of hooking up the wireing and things.

I'll try to be there. I can't say that I have any work to do on my car though. I'm super busy with the car, but most of what I'm doing requires a significant amount of time, so I'm doing it at home. Loren turned on my OBC computer though and I bought the Porsche foot well light switch for it, but I haven't wired it yet. Maybe we can work on that as Tom may be doing the same mod. If anyone has the special VW wires that just plug in to the OBC wiring harness, let me know. That's one thing I don't have and can't get too easily living a rural area.

Kirk

As I stated in my original thread I am interested in doing the following as preventive maintenance:

• Replace AOS
  • Replace oil filler tube
  • Clean Throttle Body

I can also bring additional tools/parts for other projects (i.e. motive bleeder) if others need them.

Thanks Loren for setting this up.

Renaud.

As I stated in my original thread I am interested in doing the following as preventive maintenance:

• Replace AOS
  • Replace oil filler tube
  • Clean Throttle Body

I can also bring additional tools/parts for other projects (i.e. motive bleeder) if others need them.

Thanks Loren for setting this up.

Renaud.

Replacing the AOS isn't hard and anyone could help you with it(if I can make it I will help you).

F.Y.I. the bellow part of the AOS is a spring clamp. I'd suggest ordering some high grade screw type clamps. I've been told by several shops that the OEM metal clamp ones don't hold their strength when removed. It makes it super easy to install the new AOS.

Edited by blinkwatt

• Admin
post-24902-1222736221_thumb.jpgI actually have that weekend off. I don't have any projects that need done at this point but I would love to be there to meet everyone and to learn a thing or two.

Let me know the address and time and I'll be there.

Please PM me the week of the WOCD and I will send you directions.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I would really like to make one of the WOCD sometime this decade, since I'm 0 for 4 presently. Why always schedule them when the local PCA has planned an annual tour (Mendocino)? This usually seems to be the case...sorry for the rant. Most of us would rather be driving the twisty roads on the North Coast,

than wrenching (think that's why we bought the car in the 1st place), but maybe one time check the calender of events?? Maybe plan a WOCD in January sometime?

Loren:

Thankx.....I have the electrical diagrams for the car also...but I have an easier time reading Egyptian hierooglyphics than I do deciphering an electrical diagram. I'm having problems with the blowers running even though the swtich is off...this might be why the battery is running down. I put in a new battery as well as replaced the alternator.....so I need some OJT on electrical CPR at the WOCD.....how's that for acronyms?

• Admin

Folks we are going to postpone this and will be rescheduled at a later date.

Because we are supposed to get steady rain throughout the weekend (and we do need the rain) it would make it hard for folks to get there and then some might have to work out in the rain.

So we will just reschedule this for a later date or maybe break it into smaller groups meeting at my house. Please stay tuned...

Folks we are going to postpone this and will be rescheduled at a later date.

Thanks Loren! I was just getting on here to see what the plan was with all of the rain anticipated. I was busting my hump to get my car's suspension tuned and aligned for the long drive down to Sac. Now I can relax and have a beer or two tonight. :D It wouldn't be real conducive to have the WOCD with an 80 - 90% chance of rain.

Kirk