Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have a Cayenne Turbo 2004. The cel came on.

I went to the local Porsche service and they said it had misfires in several cylinders.I checked with Durametric and it was correct.

They replaced ignition coils. (Spark plugs were replaced last year 8000 miles ago). The car still does not run smoothly so I checked today with durametric software myself and verified that only cilinder 7 still has misfires. Someone suggested a compression problem. Please advise. What could it be? Thanks for your help !

Edited by Loren
Removed ALL CAPS - please do not post in ALL CAPS

I went to the local Porsche service and they said it had misfires in several cylinders.I checked with Durametric and it was correct.

They replaced ignition coils. (Spark plugs were replaced last year 8000 miles ago). The car still does not run smoothly so I checked today with durametric software myself and verified that only cilinder 7 still has misfires. Someone suggested a compression problem. Please advise. What could it be? Thanks for your help !

Please use lower case - so much easier to read.

Also, please post codes from Durametric - I have just gone through the same problem on my Turbo and resolved it.

Plugs were damaged by the bad coils

I took the car out yesterday for a test drive and used after the Durametric software to see the memorized error codes:

MOTRONIC 7.1

P0300

Random Multiple Cylinder Misfire

Detected

present

P0303

Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected

present

GATEWAY

457 Vehicle electric system control

module (CAN comfort)

no signal/communicaton

Electric system

Current

907 Load management operat. on vehicle

electric. system/DME control module

present

When I monitor live all 8 cylinders for misfire monitoring while engine running idle I get:

Misfire counter cylinder 7.........10 times (in about 1 minute time)

I have scheduled the spark plugs change in 10 days (not possible before) in another town, do you think there may be something else that I need to consider might need to get fixed?

Thank you all in advance for your great help.

Romandec

Also, please post codes from Durametric - I have just gone through the same problem on my Turbo and resolved it.

• Admin
I took the car out yesterday for a test drive and used after the Durametric software to see the memorized error codes:

MOTRONIC 7.1

P0300

Detected

present

P0303

present

GATEWAY

module (CAN comfort)

no signal/communicaton

Electric system

Current

present

When I monitor live all 8 cylinders for misfire monitoring while engine running idle I get:

I have scheduled the spark plugs change in 10 days (not possible before) in another town, do you think there may be something else that I need to consider might need to get fixed?

Romandec

Have them re-check the coil packs and that they are properly connected.

i just had the spark plugs replaced with porsche ones 99917022190.

when i turned on the engine it appeared worse that with the old plugs and the CEL light came on immediately and solid.

i reset the durametric error codes and ran a new check. Errors on cylinders 3 and 7 no longer appear but now i have a new error on cylinder 8

PO300 (like before)

random/multiple cylinder misfire

detected

present

PO308 (new issue)

cylinder 8 misfire detected

short to ground or positive

present

i remember seeing the mechanic (who was very tired) trying to mount the left side cover on the right side and pushing exactly where cylinder 8 is located. he them realized that it was the wrong cover and used the correct one. i suspect that the original problem was solved by replacing the plugs, and that the mechanic created a new issue. looking at the engine i can see all cables going to coils perfectly perpendicular except for the cable of cylinder 8 that appear bent. could i be right?

i will go back to service and any advice will be highly appreciated.

thanks for your help

MOTRONIC 7.1

P0300

Detected

present

P0303

present

GATEWAY

module (CAN comfort)

no signal/communicaton

Electric system

Current

present

Romandec

Have them re-check the coil packs and that they are properly connected.

when i turned on the engine it appeared worse that with the old plugs and the CEL light came on immediately and solid.

i reset the durametric error codes and ran a new check. Errors on cylinders 3 and 7 no longer appear but now i have a new error on cylinder 8

PO300 (like before)

detected

present

PO308 (new issue)

present

i remember seeing the mechanic (who was very tired) trying to mount the left side cover on the right side and pushing exactly where cylinder 8 is located. he them realized that it was the wrong cover and used the correct one. i suspect that the original problem was solved by replacing the plugs, and that the mechanic created a new issue. looking at the engine i can see all cables going to coils perfectly perpendicular except for the cable of cylinder 8 that appear bent. could i be right?

thanks for your help

PO300 (like before)

detected

present

PO308 (new issue)

present

thanks for your help

Check bother the Coil and Injector wiring/plugs for any shorting or lack of insulation.

PO300 (like before)

detected

present

PO308 (new issue)

present

thanks for your help

Check bother the Coil and Injector wiring/plugs for any shorting or lack of insulation.

I went to another mechanic today. Cyl 8 had the injector position moved, the connector of the wire to the coil with the safety lock broken, not plugged in the coil completely and therefore this caused the big irregularity cyl 8 (CEL). Pushed it all the way in, the big irregularity went away and then I ran a Durametric check. Still had misfires on cyl 8. Took out the new spark plug which had the electrodes almost touching each other. Fixed distance, now car runs perfect, no durametric error codes.

Thank you all for the invaluable info and help you provided.

Now the problem is that with vibrations the 2 connectors with broken lock may eventually disconnect from the coils. Can i buy new ones without replacing all wiring?

Thanks again. Cheers.