Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Does anyone know if I need to remove the door panel

to replace the micro-switch on a 2006 997S?

Also, if I do remove the door panel, would it be better

to leave the window up?

The micro-switch part number is 99761312501 and I

have included a picture with this.

Thanks for any help. I am looking forward to posting a

DIY when I replace this part.

Paul

post-13642-1258316884_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

The micro switch replacement requires a complete removal of the inner door trim, remove the bolts of the black metal inner door plate,(which is the inner door components carrier) with the window down. Pull the plate (carrier) backwards, as far as possible, and use the available room to replace the sensor. I'm sure you wish it was a 996.

The micro switch replacement requires a complete removal of the inner door trim, remove the bolts of the black metal inner door plate,(which is the inner door components carrier) with the window down. Pull the plate (carrier) backwards, as far as possible, and use the available room to replace the sensor. I'm sure you wish it was a 996.

I still think it would be easier to get to the back of the door handle with

the window up. Maybe it is easier to get the door trim off with the window down.

Paul

• Moderators

Paul, 997/987 doors have a different construction than 996/986, they have the same construction like Cayenne have. In fact the doors are made in three parts: outer part (steel) with mirror, handle, hinges, etc. the middle part: black plate (steel) functioning as carrier for window, wiring, cables, lock, window regulator, speaker, etc. also as rigid reinforcement for the outer part of the door, inner part: door trim with inner handle and interior safety light. There are no holes in the black steel plate to penetrate, you have to remove the plate with the window down. 997/987 are totally different cars than 996/986, nothing is the same, it's even better to forget 996 when you work on 997. Success.

Thank you for this information. I have been looking at a 996

door so much that I guessed they were similar. I will try looking at a

987 door so I can get a better idea before I start the work.

This will be the first time I work on a door with no holes in the

interior.

Paul

I replaced the micro-switch and that did not fix the problem.

Everytime I lift the inside or outside handle the window drops,

but when I release the handle, the window goes up.

It is like the window computer does not know if the

door is open or closed.

Any Help!!!

Paul

I replaced the micro-switch and that did not fix the problem.

Everytime I lift the inside or outside handle the window drops,

but when I release the handle, the window goes up.

It is like the window computer does not know if the

door is open or closed.

Any Help!!!

Paul

Paul:

Your description sounds like the problem is with the third microswitch, the one inside the door lock assembly.

The fact that the window drops when you pull on the inside handle, and when you pull on the outside handle, means that both of those microswitches are okay.

The fact that window does not "know" that the door is open (or closed) usually means it's the third microswitch. That part is usually sold as one unit with the lock assembly (at least that is the case with 986/996), but "Glyn" in the U.K. recently responded on these boards that the switch by itself is available from "Tandy", which I think in the U.S. is Radio Shack.

Regards, Maurice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

I have the same problem as PAULSPEED. May I ask if the 3rd micro switch Maurice mentioned here is within the lock actuator? Part no: 3D1-837-016-C? Just want to make sure I am looking at the correct part. Thank you buddies!

Edited by Kiki

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...