Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

From 955 to 957 ! Conversion parts list.

that sounds great, so if its a loaner you can do pretty much what you want with it :)

can you unplug and send me the wirring?

jk.

couldn't stop myself for not posting.

thanks for helping.

And more...

and more...

And more ...

And more ...

Last set again to keep in one thread. Let me know if anyone has questions about what the shots are, I tried to get all the connection points... This is a 2010 Cayenne v6

post-53295-1265478972_thumb.jpg

post-53295-1265478976_thumb.jpg

post-53295-1265478981_thumb.jpg

post-53295-1265478988_thumb.jpg

post-53295-1265478997_thumb.jpg

thats awesome! thanks.

the plugs for the front lights look a little diferent. I couldnt see from the picture, but does this V6 has Xenon lights?

also, funny, the V6 doesnt has that coat under the front hood, to keep the noise at lower levels - didnt knew that.

for the rear bumper, the support needed is just the central one, the side ones are the same.

in the list that I've provided, there are also the wheel wells as well.

just some minor things are missing.

got the info from a member, thanks again for help Alex.

so, no more bull**** spread by some dealers - the rear upper spoiler fits like a champ on the 955 without any modifications :), its has the same mountings holes.

here is the code for the spoilers:

1 95551293906G2X - Aero Kit Spoiler

1 95551293905G2X - Standard spoiler

dsc00033ny.jpg

This car has just halogen, no xenon.

Your welcome. Yeah some say they dont like the rear bumper, it is growing on me. Still not sure on the front yet. I need to look at the rear light harness too.

thats awesome! thanks.

the plugs for the front lights look a little diferent. I couldnt see from the picture, but does this V6 has Xenon lights?

also, funny, the V6 doesnt has that coat under the front hood, to keep the noise at lower levels - didnt knew that.

for the rear bumper, the support needed is just the central one, the side ones are the same.

in the list that I've provided, there are also the wheel wells as well.

just some minor things are missing.

got the info from a member, thanks again for help Alex.

so, no more bull**** spread by some dealers - the rear upper spoiler fits like a champ on the 955 without any modifications :), its has the same mountings holes.

here is the code for the spoilers:

1 95551293906G2X - Aero Kit Spoiler

1 95551293905G2X - Standard spoiler

dsc00033ny.jpg

that sounds great, so if its a loaner you can do pretty much what you want with it :)

can you unplug and send me the wirring?

jk.

couldn't stop myself for not posting.

thanks for helping.

So are you saying the lower half of the rear bumper can just bolt on? I would like to leave the upper half the same, and just remove the part that covers the exhaust and replace with the newer valance.

So are you saying the lower half of the rear bumper can just bolt on? I would like to leave the upper half the same, and just remove the part that covers the exhaust and replace with the newer valance.

I didn't try that. I was thinking about it also. - perhaps next week I'll give it a try.

on the first picture you'll see the part I was speaking about. its pointed on the picture.

as for the cables:

the front lights wirring looks the same, the part that conects to the car harness. still it needs some diy, as they have less cables inside.

attached is a picture of the cable for 955 with OEM Xenon - look at it, this one is just missing 2 cables on the entire plug. Now, if you could find a way to see the other part of the cable, the one that fits inside the headlight would be great.

also, about the Headlights:

the positive thing about them is that the Halogen type ones uses for low beam, a lens type projector. So, an aftermarket Xenon bulb will make it look like OEM. Does anone know what colour are the bulbs for the OEM HID? its D2S/D2R? arround 4300-4600k?

post-32992-1265707571_thumb.jpg

post-32992-1265707691_thumb.jpg

Edited by stealthTT

as for the cables:

the front lights wirring looks the same, the part that conects to the car harness. still it needs some diy, as they have less cables inside.

attached is a picture of the cable for 955 with OEM Xenon - look at it, this one is just missing 2 cables on the entire plug. Now, if you could find a way to see the other part of the cable, the one that fits inside the headlight would be great.

Dont forget on the 955 you have the turn signal, turning lamps, running lights, halogen and xenon bulbs all on that cable. I think the 957 only had two lights in the head lights. The picture I attached is the cable that goes to the headlight. They dont do the cartridge plug in style connector anymore, I assume because of all the problems they had with 955 loose connections.

as for the cables:

Dont forget on the 955 you have the turn signal, turning lamps, running lights, halogen and xenon bulbs all on that cable. I think the 957 only had two lights in the head lights. The picture I attached is the cable that goes to the headlight. They dont do the cartridge plug in style connector anymore, I assume because of all the problems they had with 955 loose connections.

did this car had Xenon? cause I dont think so from the wirring harness.

yes, I know that the 957 have just 2 bulbs, then its more simple to connect. I'll probablly use the plug from the 955, so that I can use all the wirres from the plug and split them between the other lights that are on the front bumper :)

doesnt the OEM Xenon lights have adaptive lights? like when you cornering they angle?

The oem HID 957 is D1S you can check on the owner manual

The 957 rear lower valance cannot fit the 955 bumper, so you have to change the bumper and also to fit the tail pipe

the D1S is somewhere 4300-4500. I will go for 6K I guess.

• 2 months later...

and I have finally recieved the car.

done the wirring for the lights.

its simple but a little tricky :)

I'll post pictures later, need to wash her and snap some pics.

meanwhile for all those that want to complete their conversion, I have wrote down all the info's needed to do the wirring, and for sure I'll post the wirring diagrams for the lights, and what DIY I've done to make them work. Rewiring have cost me close to 50$, and thats for materials - done a nice DIY job for wirring: looks pretty much as OEM and performs like a champ. Now with the wirring diagrams and with some minimal technical skills this rewiring job is pretty much as easy as mounting IKEA furniture :)

again my car is a 955(9PA) CS - and this is my third body trimm and the last one - went from CS to CT and the last one the 957(9PA1) CS. Could have went for the GTS or Turbo but I wanted the CS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Currently doing the conversion as I crashed my car.. For the tail light, i went to an electrician, who rewired it and now its ok. You can also find a control unit at HOFELE, but its quite expensive and its out of stock The 955 and 957 parking sensor and the tail pipe are different, must be cut and welded

I am doing the rear conversion from 955 to 957; having an issue with tailights. I have rewired all correctly but keep getting the failure warning of brake and tail light (day Light); I have connected the 6-0hm resistor on negative but no help. The brake light works fine though. The very strange thing is the LED tail light. The tail light works no problem when first turn the key to red or turn the light switch on; however, after starting the car then the light no working.

Anyone can help or any input would be appreciated!

Edited by paulwu

• 1 month later...

hello there is a t there someone to help me d like to know the connection of the headlights to spend cayenne porsche 955 vs 957 the website piwis sti does not work that pourai given me the shema connection of headlights to spend 955 vs. 957 please I Thank you in advance.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Alright guys, I have been going through this blog and still can't figure out how to convert/ connect the headlights and rear lights of my Porsche Cayenne 955 Turbo 2003 to Cayenne 957. 

I am planing to buy and install the Xklusive body kits : Do anyone have an idea on how to fix the headlights and rear light issue or is there a wiring diagram for this transformation? 

XCLUSIVECUSTOMZ.COM

Our Xclusive Wide Arch for the Porsche Cayenne has no equal. Its aggressive lines turn inquisitive heads wherever it goes. With this kit fitted, regular journeys become a thing of the past. This body kit comes in black primer and will need painting. The kit includes:...