Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

3.4 liter Engine Parts Locations

• Admin

3.4 liter Engine Parts Locations

Cylinder Order (engine is turned 180 degrees for Boxster/Cayman) Cylinders 1,2,3 = bank 1 Cylinders 4,5,6 = bank 2 DME Sensors 1 - Mass air flow sensor 2 - Engine temperature sensor 3 - VarioCam valve 4 - Ignition coil 5 - Tank venting valve 6 - Secondary air pump 7 - Throttle potentiometer 8 - Idle speed air control valve 9 - Injection valve 10 - Knock sensors 11 - Hall-effect sensors 12 - Engine compartment

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • Admin

This is the support topic for the DIY Tutorial 3.4 liter Engine Parts Locations. Please post here if you have any questions or feedback.

Hi Loren can you please indicate just where i can locate the crankcase sensors

regards RW

Please be more specific - cam sensors? oil pressure sensors? oil level sensor? knock sensors? oil temperature sensor? or ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Ugh! That's what I was afraid of!

I have a replacement part and the probe is about 6 inches long.

I'm guessing I have to drop the motor to replace it.

Thx for the response and photo

No the oil pressure sensor is only about as large as you see and can be replaced with the engine in place.

Are you really asking about the oil level sensor?

Uh oh, I have a feeling that I haven't done my homework.

I have a intermittant on my oil pressure guage. Every now and then, the pressure drops to zero, 15 seconds or so, it pops up to normal.

Connection or sensor to me. So a while back, I was on the phone with Suncoast and asked to include a oil pressure sensor with my order.

Crud! I just went to my garage and checked the part. I got a oil LEVEL sensor.

Serves me right, I should have pulled the number from my manuals before I ordered.

I would think that you can replace the pressure sensor with out too much cursing. Don't you think?

Thanks for the help

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...