Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

• Admin

:welcome:

It looks very straight forward.

Filter canister - like most Porsches. Replace the cartridge in the cansister and the o-ring.

One drain plug on the sump - use a new sealing ring.

948.107.222.00 Filter -- US MSRP $16.13

948.107.322.00 O-ring -- US MSRP $6.60

900.123.106.30 Drain plug sealing ring -- US MSRP $0.87

Loren, thank you for your help. I want to tell you that your post have always been a great resource to allow me to work on my car- aside from the Panamera, I have a 2003 996 TT, and thanks to you have so far been able to do all my own maintenance. thank you again, JP

• 3 weeks later...

You're going to have a really hard time knowing if the oil level is correct. Once you open the hood, the vehicle has to be driven atleast 6 miles before the oil level will read on the dash display. There is no dipstick! Unless you put exactly the same amount of oil you took out, you're going to have to drive the vehicle again and again until it's topped up properly. Porsche gives a min and max oil fill quantity when changing the oil with the filter which is 8.0L and 9.0L respectively. At the dealership, they use the new PIWIS II tester to check the oil level, it even calculates the exact amount of oil you need to add or remove to be properly filled.

Edited by PutPut6
  • Upvote 1

• Admin

You're going to have a really hard time knowing if the oil level is correct. Once you open the hood, the vehicle has to be driven atleast 6 miles before the oil level will read on the dash display. There is no dipstick! Unless you put exactly the same amount of oil you took out, you're going to have to drive the vehicle again and again until it's topped up properly. Porsche gives a min and max oil fill quantity when changing the oil with the filter which is 8.0L and 9.0L respectively. At the dealership, we use the new PIWIS II tester to check the oil level, it even calculates the exact amount of oil you need to add or remove to be properly filled.

Please don't tell me you are suggesting he take the car to the dealer - and put a PIWIS II on the car to check the oil level.

Please don't tell me you are suggesting he take the car to the dealer - and put a PIWIS II on the car to check the oil level.

I've spent a lot of time with the head mechanic at my local dealer. He actually does use a PIWIS to check the oil level. Much more accurate than the dash display according to him. SOP is to fill the new oil, wait a few minutes, check oil level with PIWIS, add oil as needed, start up engine and check for leaks, etc., turn off engine, wait, recheck oil level with PIWIS and top off if needed. Every time he goes through the PIWIS functions with me, he shows me how he checks the oil level on newer cars

I don't know if this is the right thing to do or not, but this appears to be standard procedure at my local dealer

• Admin

I've spent a lot of time with the head mechanic at my local dealer. He actually does use a PIWIS to check the oil level. Much more accurate than the dash display according to him. SOP is to fill the new oil, wait a few minutes, check oil level with PIWIS, add oil as needed, start up engine and check for leaks, etc., turn off engine, wait, recheck oil level with PIWIS and top off if needed. Every time he goes through the PIWIS functions with me, he shows me how he checks the oil level on newer cars

I don't know if this is the right thing to do or not, but this appears to be standard procedure at my local dealer

I wasn't talking about a dealer doing this function - this is a DIY article. And most folks don't have a PIWIS tester at home. That was the point I was trying to make.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

so...what is the basic amount of oil to put in? if i'm on a flat lift and i drain the oil, shoud i put in 8.5L and adjust from there?

5 -40 M1?

james R

2010 Pan S

9.0 liters (9.52 US quarts) with oil filter change.

8.2 liters (8.68 US quarts) without oil filter change.

Edited by Loren

• 2 weeks later...

so...what is the basic amount of oil to put in? if i'm on a flat lift and i drain the oil, shoud i put in 8.5L and adjust from there?

5 -40 M1?

james R

2010 Pan S

9.0 liters (9.52 US quarts) with oil filter change.

8.2 liters (8.68 US quarts) without oil filter change.

Please clarify, are the quantities in liters or quarts, I'm not familiar with US liters.

Thanks,

• 2 months later...

Corrected previous post.

Plus you can always find this information in your Owners Manual.

First off, thanks Loren :notworthy: for the help on the part numbers last time, without your help, I think I would still be stucked. :thankyou:

Just would like to share, the manual actually doesn't carry the info regarding the among of oil that Panamera takes, not here in Hong Kong at least.

After I have done 5,000+ km, I had the oil and filters changed, the mechanic used the method that PutPut6 mentioned (by measuring the among that came out) to decide how much to put back in. It turns out 10 L of oil needed to be put in and I checked with the PCM afterwards, every thing seemed fine today still.

However over this short period that I own this Panamera, I do have a few questions (especially this is the first Porsche I have ever had :oops: ):

1) Is it normal with Porsche that, in order to change the air filter on my Panamera the whole front bumper and headlights had to come off? My mechanic said he has no idea how to get it done thru other easier means... This is really not the case with the few Bimmers or Merc. Benz's I have owned before...

2) After I have done around 6,500+ km with my Panamera, the PCM recently reported engine being too hot for a few times, later I found out thru the mechanic that it turns out the coolant level was pointing to the "-" (according to the manual it means it is low, but not enough to give a warning on the PCM yet), so my mechanic refilled some coolant/water mix to the appropriate level (added no more than 1 L) as instructed on the manual, so far over 1 week the coolant warning on PCM hasn't come back... I mean, is this normal with Porsche? This is also not the case with my experience with Bimmer or Merc. Benz, I mean I rarely needed to add coolant to the car after having done only such short distance.

As a background info, I do like to use the "Sport" and "Sport Plus" mode a fair bit thou, and I believe this modes does drive the engine a little hotter than usual :drive:

Edited by wnshie

The responsibility of ownership is properly maintaining your vehicle. Maintaining and servicing your Panamera at a Authorized Porsche Repair facility is recommended, primarily for your protection. PCNA will tend to lean and assist Porsche owners when outside the Manufacture New Car Limited Warranty and when your vehicle(s)have been repaired and maintained at an authorized Porsche Repair Facility.

You are saving pennies in comparison what could be $$$$$ after your warranty expires.

• 1 year later...

An air filter upgrade was recently done at our shop and front bumper removal was necessary....

Newest version of durametric also allows for maintenance light reset now for all the DIY oil change guys...

if it makes you feel better i have to remove the gas tank on my sport bike to change the air filter ;) and dont even get me started on the spark plugs lol

The responsibility of ownership is properly maintaining your vehicle. Maintaining and servicing your Panamera at a Authorized Porsche Repair facility is recommended, primarily for your protection. PCNA will tend to lean and assist Porsche owners when outside the Manufacture New Car Limited Warranty and when your vehicle(s)have been repaired and maintained at an authorized Porsche Repair Facility.

You are saving pennies in comparison what could be $$$$$ after your warranty expires.

So you are saying that it makes sense to have my dealer charge me $260 bucks for an oil change while under warranty? Or charge me $1.600 for front PCCB brake pads? Or how about this most recent time I took my car in for warranty work on the cup holder and the tech ruined the leather on my seat? (I had had to fight to get the seat cover replaced by the way.) Was this done "for my protection"? WTH?

Give me an ####ing break.. You have stock options in Porsche?

Edited by phillipj

• 1 year later...

An air filter upgrade was recently done at our shop and front bumper removal was necessary.... Newest version of durametric also allows for maintenance light reset now for all the DIY oil change guys... if it makes you feel better i have to remove the gas tank on my sport bike to change the air filter ;) and dont even get me started on the spark plugs lol

Hello EleCTriCT, I am sorry to have revived an old thread but I was just wondering if it is at all possible to do a maintenance interval reset (after oil change) without using a PIWIS-II or Durametric. Is there a procedure using button presses? I am specifically referring to the 2013 Panamera S.

• Moderators

An air filter upgrade was recently done at our shop and front bumper removal was necessary.... Newest version of durametric also allows for maintenance light reset now for all the DIY oil change guys... if it makes you feel better i have to remove the gas tank on my sport bike to change the air filter ;) and dont even get me started on the spark plugs lol

Hello EleCTriCT, I am sorry to have revived an old thread but I was just wondering if it is at all possible to do a maintenance interval reset (after oil change) without using a PIWIS-II or Durametric. Is there a procedure using button presses? I am specifically referring to the 2013 Panamera S.

Not to my knowledge, you need either a PIWIS or Durametric software system to reset it.