Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

remote central locking install

MY97 Australian delivered car. Has driver side and passenger side keyholes. Has central locking. No remote. No alarm.

I just installed an aftermarket alarm/remote/proximity entry unit. I will write up a DIY if there is enough interest but I believe most people from the US would have the remote feature as standard. Come to think of it, there is probably not much to write. Everything you need to know is below:

1. Everything can be hooked up under the passenger seat (RHD car) except the ACC ON signal, so remove the seat first (4 screws)

2. A Bentley manual or a wiring diagram from the factory manual is an absolute must, and contains all the necessary information to figure out which wires to splice into.

3. The door motors are negatively triggered

4. The door open trigger is labelled "door contact" on the wiring diagrams. I am unsure the difference between this and "door safe" - which also appear on the wiring diagram.

5. The door open signal is negatively triggered.

6. There is a separate trigger for "door contact" (door open) for each door, and there appears to be no combined signal. You might need an additional relay if you want your alarm unit to be triggered when either door is opened.

7. Unlock signal is labelled "unprime", and a single connection would unlock both doors.

8. A single lock signal would lock both doors.

9. The wire colours for a RHD car are: Red/Brown (thick) = 12V, Brown/Red (thin) = motor to open door, Brown/White = motor to close door, Brown/Green = (RHD) driver door status (closed), or LHD passenger door status; Turn signals = Black/White, Black/Green

10. Don't splice into the dash central locking switch (inside handle not secured), use the direct connections to the motors above

Edited by Jinster

• 4 years later...

MY97 Australian delivered car. Has driver side and passenger side keyholes. Has central locking. No remote. No alarm.I just installed an aftermarket alarm/remote/proximity entry unit. I will write up a DIY if there is enough interest but I believe most people from the US would have the remote feature as standard. Come to think of it, there is probably not much to write. Everything you need to know is below:1. Everything can be hooked up under the passenger seat (RHD car) except the ACC ON signal, so remove the seat first (4 screws)2. A Bentley manual or a wiring diagram from the factory manual is an absolute must, and contains all the necessary information to figure out which wires to splice into.3. The door motors are negatively triggered4. The door open trigger is labelled "door contact" on the wiring diagrams. I am unsure the difference between this and "door safe" - which also appear on the wiring diagram.5. The door open signal is negatively triggered.6. There is a separate trigger for "door contact" (door open) for each door, and there appears to be no combined signal. You might need an additional relay if you want your alarm unit to be triggered when either door is opened.7. Unlock signal is labelled "unprime", and a single connection would unlock both doors.8. A single lock signal would lock both doors.9. The wire colours for a RHD car are: Red/Brown (thick) = 12V, Brown/Red (thin) = motor to open door, Brown/White = motor to close door, Brown/Green = (RHD) driver door status (closed), or LHD passenger door status; Turn signals = Black/White, Black/Green10. Don't splice into the dash central locking switch (inside handle not secured), use the direct connections to the motors above

Thanks a lot! It was really helpful for me! The diagram of the car was so confusing with all those similar names! I had only a problem with the unprime cables... one of them didnt work and the other was good! Well thanks again it works great! :)

Edited by Guest