Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Yes the Touareg one is compatible; highly recommend using the OEM pumps and changing left and right pumps at the same time. There are aftermarket China pumps really cheap but really not sure when it gonna break and I assume people don't want to do this job again!

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have no mechanical background.  I just recently spend $$$ to fix my car due to pump replacement where my car was shaking like crazy.  Few weeks later, my car stop after 30s or so when I start my car.  I used my friend's portable machine to check if there is sensor related and it said nothing found.  Called the car shop I went to replace my engine pump and can it be related to the work they did, they said no and its probably fuel pump.  Since it's very $$$, I came across this forum and this thread.  Can anyone have a .pdf file or picture to show how to replace the fuel pump?  My car is currently at my work garage and I can't get the tow truck come in.  So, i'm pretty much stuck.  Does the car needs to be raise up to change fuel pump?  Any help is appreciated. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Cayanne04 said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have no mechanical background.  I just recently spend $$$ to fix my car due to pump replacement where my car was shaking like crazy.  Few weeks later, my car stop after 30s or so when I start my car.  I used my friend's portable machine to check if there is sensor related and it said nothing found.  Called the car shop I went to replace my engine pump and can it be related to the work they did, they said no and its probably fuel pump.  Since it's very $$$, I came across this forum and this thread.  Can anyone have a .pdf file or picture to show how to replace the fuel pump?  My car is currently at my work garage and I can't get the tow truck come in.  So, i'm pretty much stuck.  Does the car needs to be raise up to change fuel pump?  Any help is appreciated. 

:welcomeani:

Always best to give the exact model and year of your car.

Cayenne V6 - Cayenne S - Cayenne Turbo?

8 hours ago, Cayanne04 said:

Hi Everyone,

You can watch YouTube video 

But if you have little to no mechanical knowledge I would not recommend you start diving into a fuel tank. Stalling after 30 seconds does sound like a left fuel pump issue because on start up both pumps run and the assuming you don't have low fuel level only the left pump carries on running. If the left pump is faulty the car will not run for long. Normally the car will know the pump is having a fault and kick the right pump to run after the key is cycled. 

Easy check is to do, underneath the scuttle panel is the "Ebox" fuse box, remove fuse 14 left pump and run the car. Then replace and remove fuse 13 right pump, cycle the key between removal, see which pump it will run on tells you which pump is faulty. 

If this has no effect it could be the filter is blocked or totally un-fuel related. 

I really recommend you go back to the garage. 

Screenshot_20170217-094826.png

• 6 months later...