Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My new car

mat911

The last couple of days, I am not getting enough sleep.

Maybe because this 997TT in my garage is connecting to my brain via an unidentified secret method Porsche has built in this car.

My 40th Anniversary 996 is gone, and a 997TT MY2008 has taken its place.

Maybe because this 997TT in my garage is connecting to my brain via an unidentified secret method Porsche has built in this car.

Congratulations. Have fun.

What do you think? Is it as fast as I indicated? Big difference from what you had eh? Can you stop grinning when the turbos are pumping? :) Congrats and enjoy....Oh and be careful!

DC

What do you think? Is it as fast as I indicated? Big difference from what you had eh? Can you stop grinning when the turbos are pumping? :) Congrats and enjoy....Oh and be careful!

DC

Yes mate, very very fast. The numbers that are indicated in the speedo in very short intervals of full throttle are just unbelievable. I am still getting used to the tiptronic (all my previous cars were manual).

I want to keep this car forever.

By the way, I feel so reassured having this bulletproof, long tested, race breed engine with DRY SUMP lubrication in there. I like to press my cars hard on daily basis, and I must say that I was holding back when I had my previous car the 40th Anniversary which had the M96.03s motor.

I guess I dont have to worry about blowing my engine anymore.

I am sure the owners of the new turbo, do not enjoy that peace of mind with the cars. ( at least not yet.... In a few years maybe....)

Regards

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Congratulation on the choice... There are a different league altogether, was bored with my 997 C4S

but always have a grin in the TT. From what I hear they are rather bullet proof engine wise.

Why did you choose the tiptronic if you had manual before?

:-))

Francois

Porschephile.me,

Yes they are Fabspeed tips. The are a very good product and fit perfectly. If I had to do it over again I would get the "black chrome".version. Easier to keep clean. The chrome (polished) ones that I have tend to get dirty really quickly from the condensation at start up. I clean them everyday...But I'm rather obsessive :rolleyes: ..

Take care!