Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Does anyone know the fure for the glove box light? the glovebox light stopped working but interior lights still work (i've tried changing the bulbs already and even the housing from another car as i noticed there's a resistor on it) and when i lock the door with the glovebox open, the alarm doesn't chirp so I assume it is not registering that the glovebox is open anymore.

thanks!

Edited by YseanY

• Admin

Sorry, no fuse.

Do the footwell lights work? If so, then it is likely the bulb, bulb holder or glove box switch.

If the footwell lights do not work then it is likely a problem with the VES control unit - re-programming might fix this if it is indeed the problem.

Sorry, no fuse.

Do the footwell lights work? If so, then it is likely the bulb, bulb holder or glove box switch.

If the footwell lights do not work then it is likely a problem with the VES control unit - re-programming might fix this if it is indeed the problem.

yep, foot well lights work. I don't think it's the bulb/holder as i've tested and they both work (tried it in and from another 997.2).

Where is the glovebox switch? I assume i need to go to the dealer for the VES control unit? would unplugging the battery reset it?

If the footwell lights work then the control box "should" be okay.

The microswitch is held in place by this holder (item 23).

[

thanks! it looks like i have to remove the the glove box to get to that? is there a part number or anyway to test it once i get to it?

• Admin

I haven't seen a 2011 but on the earlier models you did need to remove the door first then partially remove the glovebox.

You can test the switch in place by measuring the voltage across the bulb holder with the (bulb out) - 12 volt when switch is open and 0 volts when closed.

Likewise you can do a similar test with an ohm meter measuring the resistance change from open to close.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Is this the same for 997.1 911? I have a 2007 911 Turbo. My glovebox light doesn't work. I've tried testing the voltage to the light harness in the glovebox and there's no voltage. I tested it by opening the glovebox and locking the doors - no horn chirp. I tried plugging in the footwell bulb harness (which works) to the glovebox harness and no light. I'm guessing the glovebox switch is either maligned or defective.

Loren, do you know the part number for the glovebox switch? Can I order from you? How much is it?

Thanks,

Paul

• Admin

Hi,

Is this the same for 997.1 911? I have a 2007 911 Turbo. My glovebox light doesn't work. I've tried testing the voltage to the light harness in the glovebox and there's no voltage. I tested it by opening the glovebox and locking the doors - no horn chirp. I tried plugging in the footwell bulb harness (which works) to the glovebox harness and no light. I'm guessing the glovebox switch is either maligned or defective.

Loren, do you know the part number for the glovebox switch? Can I order from you? How much is it?

Thanks,

Paul

Yes, should be the same for those two cars.

• Admin

What is the part number for the wire harness with the microswitch?

Thanks, Paul

Please do not double post your requests - you already asked this in another thread.

Please re-read the board Guidelines/Rules that you agreed to when you registered here.

"Please post your messages in one forum only. Crossposting, double posting, triple posting, etc. are all a waste of time and valuable resources. If you post the same message in multiple times or in multiple forums, we will delete the ones we feel are inappropriate."

• 6 months later...

Hello Paul

Currently have the same problem with my BOXSTER S 987

http://www.planet-9....-fix-809-03.gif

Glove box

Attempted to replace glove box light with led and now it doesn't work, even with the standard bulb that worked before

Following this when locking the car the horn would sound

So I Replaced the cable attached to the bulb holder part 99761265100 (glove box wiring harness) includes a small metal switch that is pushed into a holder at the back of the glovebox

This sounds half of the problem, The car horn no longer sounds when locking

However the light in the glovebox still is not working

Swapped it with the working footwell light and still nothing

All of the other lights I replaced work perfectly any ideas of how this can be fixed?

As I am aware there is no fuse for this bulb

So how is it fixed. Even porsche themselves are confused.

Edited by Thomas Pxrry

Hi Thomas,

Have you got it figured out? The only thing I can think you can try - switch back to the original stock yellow bulbs. Also, the light housing itself maybe be bad. I know that some of the LED bulbs, the contact end of the bulb is thicker than the stock bulbs and when you sweeze the LED bulbs in, it expands the housing and then you put the stock bulbs in, it doesn't make contact. So try a different light bulb housing to see if that works (the driver side foot well)? Alternatively you can also test with a voltmeter.

Also, that microswitch is pretty delicate. It may have gotten damaged or not put in properly behind the glovebox. Try removing and reinstalling that microswitch - be very careful. Or maybe it's already bad.

Good luck.

Paul

• 2 years later...

Hello, I'm new the forum and I appreciate the thread. I am replacing my halogen bulbs with LEDs in my 2011 997.2 (4SC).  I could not get the new/replacement LED bulb in glove box to work so re-installed the old one which didn't work either (it did before I tried to replace it with LED).    The two replacement foot well LEDs worked immediately upon installation but then stopped working a couple of hours later.  Now, neither of the foot well LED lights work nor the glove box light (with original halogen bulb).  Loren mentions above if the foot well lights don't work either, then I may have a VES control unit problem or it needs to be re-programmed? Is this necessary given the foot well lights with new LEDs worked at first?  Anyone have suggestions?  Thank you, Tim