Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Work on Your Car Day (December 10th)

xmac

Please RSVP in the Community calendar and PM me if you have any questions:

Alright, if you have been putting off that oil change, want to learn how to work on your car, or cringe at the though of putting a wrench to that fine instrument you drive- fear not. I am organizing a Work on Cars day in Santa Clara. We will have access to a Porsche race shop that will provide us a nice, clean work space.

WHEN: Saturday Dec 10th

TIME: 9am-?

WHERE:

Elephant Racing

625 Nuttman Street

Santa Clara, CA 95054

PARTS:

You can order parts from the site sponsor by emailing them at porscheatcost@sunsetimports.com or your favorite parts supplier

Last-Minute Parts:

I have arranged Saturday access to a local dealership parts department from 10am-2pm for any forgotten or last minute parts/supplies needed Due to low RSVP count, the parts arrangements have been cancelled.

THINGS TO CONSIDER BRINGING:

Hand tools

Jack/Jack stands

PIWIS/PST2/Durametric

Portable Chair

Lunch (I will bring a grill for those that want to BBQ)

Catch pan (for those doing oil/coolant changes)

Empty milk jugs for taking used fluids away (don't plan on disposing of them there)

creeper or packing blanket (something comfortable while working on your car)

ITEMS TO CONSIDER DOING: [Please budget enough time to finish just in case you plan a full engine teardown]

Suspension upgrades

Bumper removal for radiator cleaning

Oil Change

Water Pump

Motor Mounts

Serpentine Belt

Air Filter

Coolant Reservoir

Alternator change

Third Radiator install

4th stalk install (On-Board Computer)

Replace horns (requires bumper removal)

Headlight replacement

Smoked/Clear side marker/tailight swap

iPod/iPhone cable install on head unit

Window regulator replacement

GT3 front brake air duct upgrade

Antenna TSB for greater remote range

Transmission/Differential gear oil change

LIST OF AVAILABLE TOOLS:

Genuine Porsche oil filter tool

Radio removal tools

Low profile jack

Jack stands

Basic assortment of metric wrenches/sockets

Internal Torx sockets

Allen Sockets

UView Airlift 55000 (used to replace coolant via vacuum)

[PLEASE POST IF YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL TOOLS YOU PLAN TO BRING AND I WILL UPDATE THE LIST]

Edited by xmac
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to welcome anyone that wants to attend. While we won't be providing the referenced tool above, will will have plenty of shop space to do projects. This will be a great opportunity to do a project, meet some local enthusiasts, learn about our cars, or just check the place the out.

We'll have our suspension products here on display as well. This includes coilovers, control arms, toe links and more.

One of our lifts will be open and available.

It would be good of anyone planning to attend to post here so we know what to expect.

Chuck Moreland - Elephant Racing

• 2 months later...

Wow .. What a nice shop. If I was closer I would have showed up :thumbup:

Sounds like a great reason to drive from SoCal to NorCal! At least your engine oil will be up to proper temperature ^_^

I bought my 911 too late (last week). I'm looking forward to trying to attend the next one.

My past wrenching experience are on BMW motorcycles. At least they're all boxers, right? I can't really do anything seriously mechanical, but adding lights (HID conversion), shocks, brake pads, etc. Those I can do, with the right coaching.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow .. What a nice shop. If I was closer I would have showed up :thumbup:

Sounds like a great reason to drive from SoCal to NorCal! At least your engine oil will be up to proper temperature ^_^

I bought my 911 too late (last week). I'm looking forward to trying to attend the next one.

Congrats on the purchase. Not sure when the next one will be.

• 3 weeks later...