Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My 2004 3.2 V6 Cayenne trembles when I start the car.

The trembling started a while back when I refuel the car. Upon refueling, I will have to rev the engine or it dies off. After a few revs, the engine stabilizes and I am able to drive on. I lived with that but the problem has now gotten to almost every time I start the car, particularly the first start of the day. That happens even under scorching sun.

No fault code appears.

What can the problem be? Can I DIY this repair?

Edited by blucubic

Impossible to tell if it's a DIY without knowing the cause of the issue. What tool are you using to retrieve fault codes? I find it hard to believe there are not fault codes present.

I would start by inspecting the spark plugs/ignition coils, EVAP system then fuel pump pressure/volume in that order.

Nope. The check engine light does not come one.

Then you have a faulty bulb, wiring or DME issue but bulb is the first thing to inspect. You really need to have the fault codes checked.

The V8s had an issue with the fuel tank vent valve being faulty.

This caused the engine to have a starting problem, especially after refueling without the CEL illuminating.

Faulty fuel caps caused these type of issues as well.

Does the V6 also have some type of fuel tank vent valve or fuel cap issue causing a similar issue?

Edited by bigbuzuki

The V8s had an issue with the fuel tank vent valve being faulty.

This caused the engine to have a starting problem, especially after refueling without the CEL illuminating.

Faulty fuel caps caused these type of issues as well.

Does the V6 also have some type of fuel tank vent valve or fuel cap issue causing a similar issue?

Yes the V6 can suffer from the mentioned faults but not as much as the V8. As a matter of fact I have replaced many EVAP flow control solenoids on various makes over the years so it's not just a Porsche thing incase someone was planning on starting a class action lawsuit.

• 2 weeks later...

Bosch make the OEM unit. Be sure it's the newest part number and you should be fine. I'm curious to what fault codes they got to point the finger at the MAF sensor..... something along the lines of lean condition or ???