Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

tips for replacing passenger side temperature mixing servo motor

I had code 1810 and passenger side vents(both centre and side one) blow cold air while I want warm air.

so I bought the servo motor from dealer and replaced it today. It took me about 3 hours since I did not have a proper tool for the Torx screws. you need a low profile ratchet wrench.

couple of things I thought it might be helpful in the future for other people since it seems to be a common problem and I did not see very clear information online:

• the servo motor comes in the "service position" mentioned in the manual already. there is no need to adjust it.
  • there is no "service positon" for the flap since it is just a simple mechanical flap with a spring that holds it back
  • if you really want to adjust the servo motor position, according to the service manual, and I tried it myself, just hook up a 12V DC power supply (*do NOT use car battery, the current will kill the motor) to the leads(which shows in the picture, the bottom 2, not the 3 ones goes to the blue positioning thingy). reverse the power supply will reverse the rotation. do not over turn the servo motor since it has a range.
  • I did not see any metal contact surface in the motor for positioning signal, not like some older models, so I suppose it is not "serviceable" by rubbing clean the contact surfact.
  • I did not remove the retaining plate as manual stated but I did removed the heat exchanger bottom cover, glove box and all that.

Hope that helps.

I will replace the defroster flap servo next week. thats on the left side, I guess will be tougher.

post-69261-0-03197500-1350611717_thumb.j

Edited by royxaxa

• 4 years later...