Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2008 accident cayenne turbo.import

arrived today,put new battery but not starting ,not rolling,diagnose with durametric ,resulting that 4 modules are missing

dme

electrical

transfer box

off road stabilizer

it should refer to dme = engine ecu, transfer box=automatic transmission ecu,off road stabilizer= level adjusting ecu?

we have looked in the wiper area-passenger side and there are 2 connectors empty outthere, i assume 1 is for the dme ecu

questions.

is there somewhere a service workshop-repair manual for the cayenne too?

where are all of those control units located on the car?

are those control units interchangeable with other years cayenne , maybe vw touareg , even if not all of them , partially..

i try to repair this car so any thought's appreciated,bellow the durametric full scanlog:

Short Test

Porsche Stability Management (PSM/ABS8)

Current Fault Codes

668:

Vehicle voltage terminal 30

Upper limit value exceeded

668:

Value below lower limit value

1314:

DME control module

No signal/communication

1310:

Level control module

No signal/communication

1826:

Power supply steering wheel electronics

Airbag

Current Fault Codes

1739:

Sensor for airbag (passenger)

Open circuit

588:

Driver's airbag ignition circuit stage 1

589:

Passenger's airbag ignition circuit stage 1

1587:

Driver's airbag ignition circuit stage 2

590:

Passenger's airbag ignition circuit stage 2

654:

Belt tensioner ignition circuit driver's side front

1211:

Belt tensioner driver's side rear

1212:

Belt tensioner passenger's side rear

1590:

Disconnecting relay

Instrument Cluster for Cayenne

Current Fault Codes

562:

Oil level sensor - Open circuit/short circuit to B+, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

1299:

Gateway - No signal/communication, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

1310:

Level control module - No signal/communication, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

1314:

DME control module - No signal/communication, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

3294:

Headlight control unit left - No signal/communication, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

3295:

Headlight control unit right - No signal/communication, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

Steering wheel electronics

No Faults Found

Porsche Keyless Entry Security System (KESSY)

Current Fault Codes

1176:

Immobiliser key

Implausible signal

668:

Open circuit/short circuit to ground

87:

Terminal 30 (start enable)

230:

Selector lever position switch >P<

Short circuit to ground

1314:

DME control module

No signal/communication

1299:

Gateway

Please read out fault memory

Doors and Rear Hatch

No Faults Found

Seat Memory Driver

Current Fault Codes

668:

1898:

Steering column adjustment sensor axial (Hall sensor)

Short circuit to B+

Gateway

Current Fault Codes

0214:

Power supply

0538:

CAN comfort OFF

Open circuit

01D2:

Steering column switch (with electronic unit)

No signal/communication

0519:

CAN Infotainment

Faulty

01CB:

PCM2

No signal/communication

3CDE:

Headlight control unit left

No signal/communication

3CDF:

Headlight control unit right

No signal/communication

0522:

DME control module

No signal/communication

051E:

Level control module

No signal/communication

01D7:

Control unit for electronically controlled damping (EGD)

No signal/communication

Air Conditioning

Current Fault Codes

819:

Air-conditioning pressure sensor

Park Assist

No Faults Found

Panorama Roof

No Faults Found

Tow Bar

Current Fault Codes

532:

Power supply

Seat Memory Passenger

Current Fault Codes

668:

2341:

Fore-and-aft adjustment sensor

Short circuit to B+

Automatic Tailgate

Current Fault Codes

3234:

Function restrict. due to critical vehicle electric. system condition

532:

Power supply

1336:

CAN comfort OFF

No signal/communication

446:

Function restricted due to undervoltage

Windshield wiper

No Faults Found

Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM)

Current Fault Codes

1312:

CAN drive

1317:

Instrument cluster

No signal/communication

2214:

Tyre pressure warning

Tow Bar

Current Fault Codes

532:

Power supply

Edited by ahamay

Holy crap...one could make a chapter book with all these codes. I will have you in my prayers.

l o l dude cheers!

Many of those codes are likely due to a disconnected battery.

I would clear all the codes and see which ones come back.

Loren..i recognize the codes made due to low or disconected battery but the problem is that there are situation wich can not be reproduced anymore (due to the lack of some control modules) and that's why i preffer not to erase the all fault codes yet.

if you looked over the submited log you will see that there are refference about many control modues that does not signal..

it intrigues me the mesagen in the end of diagnose (wich can not be reproduced anymore i don't know why was not stored like the rest of the log) wich state that there are 4 control modules wich does not repond , dme , transfer case and i try to find out wich are the "electrical system " and "off road stabilizer" control modules wich durametric tool also reffer that they did not respond. i have looked in the PET Porsche Cayenne list of all ecu's but no sign of them..maybe you can highlight them form me.

A mention is that after looking under the plastic cover on the right side of wipers i have seen that there are 2 connectors with not ecu's i assume that 1 is for the engine ecu and the other...

bellow list of ecu's..

post-37147-0-36896900-1352751776_thumb.j

post-37147-0-09396100-1352751788_thumb.j

post-37147-0-62299700-1352751799_thumb.j

Edited by ahamay

Are you saying there are control units actually missing from the vehicle? I would clear all codes and retest including checking all fuses/ circuit breakers if the vehicle has been in an accident.

Could you provide some details of the vehicle history? Did you purchase it from salvage?

• 2 years later...

Hello everybody in this topic.

I can see several good information in this discussion and I would like to ask your opinion

I just bought a 2003 Cayenne Turbo and the problem started immediately after I realized that I have been blind by the desire to own the car and I didn't pay attentions to details.

The Airbag light has been removed, possibly by the previous owner just to sell the car.

I bought a Durametric tool and I can only connect to DME and tiptronic. All the other modules "failed to initialize"

the DME has a couple of stored errors, like camshaft sensor and turbo underboost, I'm not really worry about them for the moment.

The tiptronic has fault codes 1312 and 1314 (CAN DRIVE and DME CONTROL MODULE).

I do not believe that the tiptronic cannot talk with the ECU, in fact the car is running perfectly.

I believe that I have some CAN network faults so I would like to know if somebody knows:

Which units dialogues with Durametric? are all the units talking directly with the PC or is there a single "gateway"?

I have also a problem in the rear parking sensor and I already replaced one that was not "clicking". Do I have to clear the error to make it working? if so, which unit would report the parking sensor errors? For instance I have a retractable tow bar, are the rear parking sensor disabled when the bar is extented? in this case that problem might be in the "retracted position sensor"

thanks a lot

post-100652-0-24775000-1426414845_thumb.

• 1 year later...
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2012 at 1:25 AM, ahamay said:

2008 accident cayenne turbo.import

arrived today,put new battery but not starting ,not rolling,diagnose with durametric ,resulting that 4 modules are missing

dme

electrical

transfer box

off road stabilizer

it should refer to dme = engine ecu, transfer box=automatic transmission ecu,off road stabilizer= level adjusting ecu?

we have looked in the wiper area-passenger side and there are 2 connectors empty outthere, i assume 1 is for the dme ecu

questions.

is there somewhere a service workshop-repair manual for the cayenne too?

where are all of those control units located on the car?

are those control units interchangeable with other years cayenne , maybe vw touareg , even if not all of them , partially..

i try to repair this car so any thought's appreciated,bellow the durametric full scanlog:

Short Test

Porsche Stability Management (PSM/ABS8)

Current Fault Codes

668:

668:

1314:

DME control module

No signal/communication

1310:

Level control module

No signal/communication

1826:

Power supply steering wheel electronics

Airbag

Current Fault Codes

1739:

Sensor for airbag (passenger)

Open circuit

588:

Driver's airbag ignition circuit stage 1

589:

Passenger's airbag ignition circuit stage 1

1587:

Driver's airbag ignition circuit stage 2

590:

Passenger's airbag ignition circuit stage 2

654:

Belt tensioner ignition circuit driver's side front

1211:

Belt tensioner driver's side rear

1212:

Belt tensioner passenger's side rear

1590:

Disconnecting relay

Instrument Cluster for Cayenne

Current Fault Codes

562:

Oil level sensor - Open circuit/short circuit to B+, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

1299:

Gateway - No signal/communication, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

1310:

Level control module - No signal/communication, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

1314:

DME control module - No signal/communication, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

3294:

Headlight control unit left - No signal/communication, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

3295:

Headlight control unit right - No signal/communication, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light

Steering wheel electronics

No Faults Found

Porsche Keyless Entry Security System (KESSY)

Current Fault Codes

1176:

Immobiliser key

Implausible signal

668:

87:

Terminal 30 (start enable)

230:

Selector lever position switch >P<

Short circuit to ground

1314:

DME control module

No signal/communication

1299:

Gateway

Doors and Rear Hatch

No Faults Found

Seat Memory Driver

Current Fault Codes

668:

1898:

Steering column adjustment sensor axial (Hall sensor)

Short circuit to B+

Gateway

Current Fault Codes

0214:

Power supply

0538:

CAN comfort OFF

Open circuit

01D2:

Steering column switch (with electronic unit)

No signal/communication

0519:

CAN Infotainment

Faulty

01CB:

PCM2

No signal/communication

3CDE:

Headlight control unit left

No signal/communication

3CDF:

Headlight control unit right

No signal/communication

0522:

DME control module

No signal/communication

051E:

Level control module

No signal/communication

01D7:

Control unit for electronically controlled damping (EGD)

No signal/communication

Air Conditioning

Current Fault Codes

819:

Air-conditioning pressure sensor

Park Assist

No Faults Found

Panorama Roof

No Faults Found

Tow Bar

Current Fault Codes

532:

Power supply

Seat Memory Passenger

Current Fault Codes

668:

2341:

Fore-and-aft adjustment sensor

Short circuit to B+

Automatic Tailgate

Current Fault Codes

3234:

Function restrict. due to critical vehicle electric. system condition

532:

Power supply

1336:

CAN comfort OFF

No signal/communication

446:

Function restricted due to undervoltage

Windshield wiper

No Faults Found

Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM)

Current Fault Codes

1312:

CAN drive

1317:

Instrument cluster

No signal/communication

2214:

Tyre pressure warning

Tow Bar

Current Fault Codes

532:

Power supply

Have this problem before, after accident the Gateway Module fail. All this modules are all going to the gateway, It is under the Glove box, just remove the down cover & you can pull it out.

• 5 months later...

Howdy,

I've just been given a Cayenne, I ran Durametric and I have the same codes, so when you changed the gateway, they call cleared and the car started?

Right now it doesn't even crank up, I have a depress the brake to start which stays like that even when the break is pressed, not a single crank when I try to start it up. Any suggestions or anyone have this experience?

• Admin
7 minutes ago, NaijaBerry said:

Howdy,

I've just been given a Cayenne, I ran Durametric and I have the same codes, so when you changed the gateway, they call cleared and the car started?

Right now it doesn't even crank up, I have a depress the brake to start which stays like that even when the break is pressed, not a single crank when I try to start it up. Any suggestions or anyone have this experience?

Exact model and year of your car please...

Just now, Loren said:

Exact model and year of your car please...

Wow that was quick!

It's a 2004 Cayenne Base 3.2 V6.

A little background history.....the former owner is a Benz/Toyota dealer and has a workshop that messed up the wiring of the car something good, they just couldn't get it working, they don't know about Durametric, so the electrical guys went to down stripping, bypassing wires and hooking up relays.

I've just spent a good part of the day taping up wires to where they should be and putting back fuses, then I ran Durametric and all the codes I got are in the attached PDF, I reckon this was an issue that could have been detected and fixed with the right tools.

Thanks!

errors.pdf

• Moderators

Good grief!  A shorter list would be what is still working, which isn't much.

I would approach this with a great sense of trepidation as cross wiring or shorting circuits can end up permanently damaging some of the myriad of electronic controllers in these vehicles, which means they still will not function once the wiring is corrected.  In many cases, your Durametric will not be able to recode the modules, even if they are still in working condition, requiring the use of a PIWIS system.  And if they are irreparably damaged, the PIWIS will not be able to save the day either.

I'm afraid this may turn into the perfect example of a money pit, and a poster child for why those who are not equipped to work on these vehicles, or do not understand their systems, should not be allowed anywhere near them.  It sounds like what they did was to butcher a fine vehicle out of ignorance or hubris.  What was originally at fault is probably now hidden behind the damage they created.

Good luck.

7 minutes ago, JFP in PA said:

Good grief!  A shorter list would be what is still working, which isn't much.

I would approach this with a great sense of trepidation as cross wiring or shorting circuits can end up permanently damaging some of the myriad of electronic controllers in these vehicles, which means they still will not function once the wiring is corrected.  In many cases, your Durametric will not be able to recode the modules, even if they are still in working condition, requiring the use of a PIWIS system.  And if they are irreparably damaged, the PIWIS will not be able to save the day either.

I'm afraid this may turn into the perfect example of a money pit, and a poster child for why those who are not equipped to work on these vehicles, or do not understand their systems, should not be allowed anywhere near them.  It sounds like what they did was to butcher a fine vehicle out of ignorance or hubris.  What was originally at fault is probably now hidden behind the damage they created.

Good luck.

I totally agree with you, I've just pretty much finished restoring a 997 that was butchered in like manner, we're short of decent mechanics around these neck of the woods, and the only Porsche centre in the country that does have a PIWIS I've heard lost their only decent technician and he has left the country, so I had to stick with fixing up my 997 myself and it's been pure joy getting everything to how it should be.

I will approach this with a great deal of caution as I did with the 997, it was a gift, if it remotely starts to look like a money pit, I will part it off pronto!

Thanks for the advise!

Edited by NaijaBerry

• 7 months later...

Just thought I'd come back in and share, the Cayenne is up and running and just started today. I was given the car in February totally free from a property transaction I did with a dealer, they couldn't get it started so they figured it was junk.

I posted a list of errors and it gave like 8 pages of errors  with durametric which is attached in this thread somewhere, my pit bull nature the fact that as a Christian, the word impossible is foreign to me, I went for it. After reading up on threads about wiring harnesses frying up because of some leakages found in these cars, I accidentally bidded for a complete main wiring harness and had to pay $350 for it, its sitting there and I didn't need it, I thought it had the main unit I needed which was the relay box and harness in the engine pay, so I had to buy that one, not much, under $100 if I recall.

While stripping the old one, I noticed that the two front drains had been blocked with gunk, this was the start of the issue. The drains blocked, water filled the compartment till it entered the relay tray and the ECU on the other side and fried some modules in the car.

So after replacing the relay tray and harness, fault code drops to 3 pages, showing the engine control module, kessy module and tiptronic module were fried, so since I knew where we were going, I gave the car to my mechanic to finish up. I bought an ECU for £45 it didn't work, so we bought a paired ECU, Kessy Module and Tiptronic module installed tested it a couple of days ago and the engine started right up (See attached video) without a hickup, that's like 5 years or more ago since it started last. Total Spend so far $1000 out of which about $400 spent on parts not needed (going back on ebay).

For me it's been the joy of getting another P-Car up to spec from zero another successful project, I'm looking forward to getting everything up and running, thought I'd share this as it may be useful to someone someday.

VID-20170923-WA0007.mp4

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1