Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cayenne S Transmission valve body HELP

I'm on the way to change valve body. I want to order it, but they said to me that they are two versions with or without 2 pressure switches (sensors).

I there any option to know this without opening the transmission?

I really don't want to be without car 14 days because of that.

I attach picture to know about what I'm talking.

Here are the transmission numbers:

AISIN

TR-60SN
GLF
09D 300 036P
Thank you

post-84890-0-59208500-1357310833_thumb.j

• Admin

Find a parts dealer/OPC in your area that can enter your VIN into their PET.

Your VIN in the Porsche PET system will show the parts for your car.

I could do this but they changed the procedure last year and now you only have access to cars in your locale (i.e. for me US and Canada)... sorry

• Upvote 1

Thank you for fast answer.

I'll try to find someone, but these will really be difficult. I already asking something, but they want to have car one day in repair shop to figure out which valve body is.... With the oder words they want to do all the repair, but I don't want to tell what outstanding price they give me... So I want to do repair myself. Really sucks that I didn't know that when I was changing oil and end filter, I could easly see it. :(

If can anyone help me, here is the VIN. : WP1ZZZ9PZ4LA47569

Thank you

Your 2004 Cayenne S has the two hydraulic pressure switches fitted on the transmission valve body.

From the PET parts list, the part number of the valve body you require is 955.325.03910.

(955.325.03900 is for turbo Cayenne)

www.sonnenporscheoemparts.com has your part for USD $1015.

Edited by bigbuzuki
  • Upvote 1

Great thank you!

I I can go on hunt for valve body.

Does anybody have experiences with sonax body? I contact it twice, if they do international shipping, but I got no answers.

I read on Touareg form, that sonax body is better then original, because of some updates. Does anyone know if this is true?

It really is difficult to get those parts in europe, but if I make order out of europe, I have to expensive shipping + almost 30% taxes and duties. So on the end can be to expensive.

Does anyone know where to buy such parts in europe?

I got new OEM valve body 95532503910, but it is different than mine!Please can you look at the picture and tell me what these difference between old and new body is? On NEW one is one hole more to plug or put something in...

Now I don't know what to do.

Please help

post-84890-0-65027900-1357815790_thumb.j

Just had the exact same issue today on my CTT. It turns out that the additional opening and hole is for a temp sensor for newer Cayennes. No impact for our older units.

Great to know! I was really scared, that I bought wrong unit.

Could you describe the shifting problems you were having on your car prior to the repair?

It was hard downshift from 5-4 little rough, 4-3 more rough, 3-2 really rough with 'clunk' noise. It also fall a sleep for few seconds when he shifted 3-2 and when I press gas pedal 'clunk' again.

Well... It looks like I have totally new car! It shifts like butter.

I really am happy, so thank you all for help!

The only thing that bothers me is really rough upshift 1-2 when it's cold.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Drive gently for the first 2-3 minutes. Since the car normally starts in 2nd, the 1-2 shift can feel a bit abrupt if you're driving it with enthusiasm.

Well... It looks like I have totally new car! It shifts like butter.

I really am happy, so thank you all for help!

The only thing that bothers me is really rough upshift 1-2 when it's cold.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Drive gently for the first 2-3 minutes. Since the car normally starts in 2nd, the 1-2 shift can feel a bit abrupt if you're driving it with enthusiasm.

Yes I know that, and this much better in warm mornings, but now in the winter is this making me crazy. If I shift it manual at 2000rpm shift it ok, but in auto mode shifts at almost 3000rpm, and it felts like someone give me kick in the ***.

I have to deal with that only once a day, but its becoming really annoying, and I would really like to solve that permanently.

Edited by gbratk

• 3 weeks later...

Ok here is update.I replace old TCM with TCM 95561802212 which have sw0602. There was no need to update DME.Now, rough up-shift 1-2 when the car is cold, is completely gone. It shifts like butter through all gears.Also throttle hesitations in corners is almost completely gone. It's not 100% perfect but I can live with that.Very happy smile.gif

gbratk,when stopped, your transmission should drop to first gear when you turn the PSM off with the correct TCM software.Enjoy your new found "sport mode" ;-)

It was drop in to first gear with old TCM also, but I can say, this new one is way way better.