Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cayenne S Transmission valve body HELP

I got new OEM valve body 95532503910, but it is different than mine!Please can you look at the picture and tell me what these difference between old and new body is? On NEW one is one hole more to plug or put something in...

Now I don't know what to do.

Please help

That new valve body will interchange perfectly, nothing to worry about. It is just a later casting that has a provision for a different temperature sensor! Good luck... The vehicle should have a perfectly smooth 1-2 upshift hot or cold. Have you done a relearn on the TCM? If not, try that first, if the issue persists, you have a defective valve body! Normally a relearn is not needed and just a few hundred miles of driving tends to settle things out...

Here are some other common complaints that are associated with valve body issues in the Cayenne /Toaureg line of vehicles.

As far as your questions regarding a replacement valve body, what are your symptoms? We have done a large number of these valve bodies for the Cayenne, Toaureg and now Q7. I have attached a little bit of info that may be useful to you and others in your situation. As far as credibility, we are a very well known provider for this valve body with ClubToaureg.com. As you know your valve body is nearly identical to that of the Toaureg... Please also note that we have found that the rest of the transmission is quite robust! It is EXTREMELY RARE for the internals of this transmission to fail. It is almost always valve body related....

http://www.clubtouar...t-12203-18.html

Here are some common issues we see on the 09D TR60SN valve bodies.

Hope this Helps!!

Hello! As we have seen, there have been alot of forum members asking if this or that is a symptom of a valve body issue. We have compiled a list for you to review that goes over the classic issues the 09D / TR60SN valve body are notorious for.

The Cayenne as you know has been plagued by the AISIN valve body issues and can cause a large number of shift complaints. Some of them minor, and then some of them can be a major issue.

There is alot of incorrect information on the net and in forums regarding these units. With your help, we hope to clarify this information and streamline the diagnosis of the issues.

Here are some of the main issues that come from a valve body that needs to be replaced: These issues tend to surface after 40k miles....

• Harsh upshifts and/or downshifts when transmission becomes warm. When the trans fluid is cool, the issues will be gone or very minor most times. This is the most common issue....
  • Harsh 5-4 Downshift
  • Flare shifts from 1-2 or 2-3.
  • Harsh downshifts from 3-2 or 2-1
  • Slipping torque converter clutch
  • Harsh or flaring 3-4 shift.
  • Gear Ratio Error DTC's

The 09D / TR60SN valve body suffers from poorly designed solenoids and a very porous and wear prone valve body housing. The solenoids alone will not cure the shifting complaints that most of you describe. Without modifying the actual housings and valves contained within, the issue will still be present.

Currently new valve bodies acquired from the Porsche dealer will still be the same flawed design as the originals. The only way to permanently fix the issue is with an upgraded aftermarket valve body.

Note: replacing a still working valve body is not recommended. Some of these vehicles can go over a hundred thousand miles before requiring replacement. Please wait until you have the symptoms before you attempt the replacement.

Hi Revmax!

It's great to see you here!

Here are many members who need new valve body, and you could be big help to them.

Well in the end I bought new original Porsche valve body. I really want to buy yours updated valve body, and I try to contact you by mail, but I get no answer from you.

No worries, by chance were you located out of the country?

If so, we cannot ship these products overseas. Glad to see that you got your situation fixed and you are back on the road. The Cayenne's drive so awesome when they shift properly!

• Admin

Your commercial signature has been removed.

Please re-read the board Guidelines/Rules that you agree to when you registered here.

"· No commercial posting, signatures, user names, avatars, or profile statements (including images) are allowed. Please understand "advertisements" will be either edited or deleted, as it's neither "fair" to those who support this site - nor "us", the RennTech.org community.· No personal soliciting of any kind for products, services, or funds."

• Upvote 1

No worries, by chance were you located out of the country?

If so, we cannot ship these products overseas. Glad to see that you got your situation fixed and you are back on the road. The Cayenne's drive so awesome when they shift properly!

I'm from Slovenia (Europe).

Why you can't ship in other countries? I got few offers from companies located in US, but in the end was to expensive. Anyway, I want to buy it from you just because of yours updates...

Well, I hope you change yours shipping options, I still have my old body, and I could send it to you, to refurbish it.

• 4 years later...
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2013 at 12:27 PM, Pkscheldt said:

I reset the adaptive section on the transmission with my Durametric software and all was well. But, I've heard of many who did not and had no problems.

Hi,

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and Porsches all together.  I recently acquired a 2004 Cayenne S that had a paid-for warranty and later found invalid when I took the vehicle in for transmission problems.  Warranty company said 'after further research' we discovered this car to be a (roll-back) vehicle.   Nonetheless I now have to either replace the trans or rebuild the valve body and possibly replace the TCU myself.  The needed work comes from the Porsche's dealer's service evaluation.  Luckily, I can personnally do a valve job with no issues however I do not have the scanner/software that Porsche would use to tell the TCU to 'relearn.'   Porsche will gladly hook me up for $200+ the cost of towing (45 miles).  It's close to the same cost with other non-dealer service shops.  So I have come to the forums to learn and seek help.  After joining and search this forum for topics specific to mine I found this post.  Otherwise, I have not found a forum discussion that speaks to this specific subject. Hoping not to get flamed for posting too soon, I offer up a couple questions for the gurus.  Please feel free to email me or post with your responses regarding my inquiry. 

Question 1: Is there a aftermarket software/scanner that can reset my 2004 Cayenne S. transmission's TCU once I have completed my valve body rebuilt?  Or, am I stuck taking the vehicle to a dealer or service center with the proper  

Question 2: In hopes of skipping all of the above, is it possible to manually make the TCU relearn; such as battery disconnection?

I would be very grateful for any information you have on this from anyone in the know.   

Looking forward to your input.

Respectfully,

4CYNNES.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, 4CYNNES said:

Hi,

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and Porsches all together.  I recently acquired a 2004 Cayenne S that had a paid-for warranty and later found invalid when I took the vehicle in for transmission problems.  Warranty company said 'after further research' we discovered this car to be a (roll-back) vehicle.   Nonetheless I now have to either replace the trans or rebuild the valve body and possibly replace the TCU myself.  The needed work comes from the Porsche's dealer's service evaluation.  Luckily, I can personnally do a valve job with no issues however I do not have the scanner/software that Porsche would use to tell the TCU to 'relearn.'   Porsche will gladly hook me up for $200+ the cost of towing (45 miles).  It's close to the same cost with other non-dealer service shops.  So I have come to the forums to learn and seek help.  After joining and search this forum for topics specific to mine I found this post.  Otherwise, I have not found a forum discussion that speaks to this specific subject. Hoping not to get flamed for posting too soon, I offer up a couple questions for the gurus.  Please feel free to email me or post with your responses regarding my inquiry. 

Question 1: Is there a aftermarket software/scanner that can reset my 2004 Cayenne S. transmission's TCU once I have completed my valve body rebuilt?  Or, am I stuck taking the vehicle to a dealer or service center with the proper  

Question 2: In hopes of skipping all of the above, is it possible to manually make the TCU relearn; such as battery disconnection?

I would be very grateful for any information you have on this from anyone in the know.   

Looking forward to your input.

Respectfully,

4CYNNES.

Welcome to RennTech :welcomeani:

The Durametric software (enthusiast version) will  allow you to reset your transmission adaptation values once the problem is corrected.  To reset the transmission adaptation, it would be listed under the "transmission" section in the main selection tree on the left, then either under "commands" or "reset".  To my knowledge, disconnection of the battery will not reset this.

JFP,

Thank you for your response.  I believed that too however when I called Durametrics and explained what I needed the software to do the fella said it did not.  Maybe I was asking the wrong questions.    Additionally you aren't the first person who I have seen referring to Durametirics.  I don't want to insult your intelligence but have you done this action using the software?     

Very respectfully,

2CYNNES

• Moderators
1 hour ago, 4CYNNES said:

JFP,

Thank you for your response.  I believed that too however when I called Durametrics and explained what I needed the software to do the fella said it did not.  Maybe I was asking the wrong questions.    Additionally you aren't the first person who I have seen referring to Durametirics.  I don't want to insult your intelligence but have you done this action using the software?     

Very respectfully,

2CYNNES

Yes, I have done transmission adaptation relearns using their software, we however use the more expensive "Pro" version, which has features that the "enthusiast" version does not have.  We have had others tell us they have done it with the lesser version, and the Durametric feature matrix seems to support that.

12 hours ago, 4CYNNES said:

JFP,

Very respectfully,

2CYNNES

JFP is right. I've done the transmission adaptation reset on the enthusiast durametric (3 VIN or whatever) version after replacing my valve body. 

Edited by nerdtalker

On 1/23/2018 at 1:51 PM, 4CYNNES said:

Nerdtalker,

Thank you.  Do you recall how you did this with your 'enthusiast' version?

4CYNNES

It's under the transmission module, then I think commands, and I believe the button is literally reset transmission adaptation table or something. It's very self explanatory. I don't have it in front of me but it was painless compared to some of the other durametric procedures.