Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Salvaged 2008 GT3

Matus Javorek

Hi, I was wondering what do you guys think. If I were to keep this car forever and never resell it would it be worth my time to buy?

Since salvaged cars don't have keep their retail value I would keep it!

I would like to do most of the work myself as much as possible to keep the repair costs low.

I would order all the necessary parts and probably get it spray painted by a certified Porsche repair shop.

What do you think the cost would be ?
I would register the car in the state of Illinois. So there have to be 2 inspections one by the Police officer and One by the state.

If you can give me any advice and tell me how the process works, thanks.

The part that concerns me is the back fender above the left wheel? how would you replace it? Obviously you would cut it out but where would I get the spare part.

VIN WP0AC29968S792213

Current Bid is $10,000

Information form Copart.com

ACV: $89,193 USD

Repair Cost: $52,943 USD
Title State/Type: CA SALVAGE CERTIFICATE
Odometer: 3,386 NOT ACTUAL
Primary Damage: SIDE
Secondary Damage: FRONT END
VIN: WP0AC29968S792213
Body Style: COUPE
Color: WHITE
Engine: 3.6L 6
Drive: Rear-wheel Drive
Cylinders: 6
Fuel: GAS
Keys: YES
Special Note:

post-92212-0-12879700-1379267455_thumb.j

post-92212-0-63597100-1379267456_thumb.j

post-92212-0-93168100-1379267458_thumb.j

post-92212-0-89917700-1379267460_thumb.j

post-92212-0-94810400-1379267463_thumb.j

post-92212-0-94193900-1379267466_thumb.j

post-92212-0-95090000-1379267469_thumb.j

Personal I would stay way from it. To many possible problems. You don't know if the damage is just on the body. There are a lot of missing parts by the look of it. Also, you don't know how long it has been open to the weather. There could be a lot of water inside causing big electrical problems.

With a 10,000 bid and an estimated 53,000 in repairs, I would pass. I would bet it would turn into a money pit also you could find a used on that was road ready for not much more. Just my opinion.

Jermmy

I would also pass on it unless you have deep pockets or really have a lot of time you are looking to kill. Looks like a lot more downside than upside to me. With the very limited information you have about the car, $53K is no doubt a lot in repairs. Something tells me the part above the fender you are worried about is going to be the least of your problems. After all the money you are going to have to sink into it (bid to win + repairs) and your time, at the end of the day you have a salvage car that you are going to have quite a bit invested in. Also you think you will just drive this car forever and won't ever sell it, but things change and I would not want to be locked into any car forever. Forever is a really long time. This car likely needs to be scrapped and sold for parts.

I also just noticed that they left the windows down in the rain and the interior is all wet with water on everything from the console to the seats. Also looks like the car has 23K miles on it, not 3K like the listing says. Looks like the people handling this salvage deal don't know about the car and aren't taking care of it at all. I would definitely pass.

• 1 year later...