Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have a 2006 V6 Cayenne.

1. My car used to chirp when locking the car with the fob, after I changed the car's battery it stopped chirping. Lights still flash, and the batteries in my key fobs are new.

2. I changed my headlight switch from the regular one to the auto headlights and it works perfectly. There is no lights settings on the dash information center for lights, but I want the delayed off/coming home feature so my lights will stay on for those 15 or so seconds to light my way at dark. I asked the dealer over the phone and he never heard of being able to do so, but I seem to remember people activating that feature with their Durametric.

I have vision issues so these things are important to me.

Thanks for your time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Has anyone experienced the settings reset themselves? I've set the comfort settings numerous times with both keys and the plastic key but the settings don't stick. I've read that there's an Auto Memory function but I cannot find it in the settings.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, andrewjt19 said:

Has anyone experienced the settings reset themselves? I've set the comfort settings numerous times with both keys and the plastic key but the settings don't stick. I've read that there's an Auto Memory function but I cannot find it in the settings.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's a common fault the rear comfort control module forgets the settings either when switching between keys or when battery is disconnected, even when set again it will not store the settings and you have to re-input the settings you want. Also common is the horn won't chirp even though the settings are stored to do so. Long story short the RCCM needs to be replaced and existing keys coded to new RCCM by dealer etc bit of a hassle which is why I didn't Fix my horn mute issue. 

11 hours ago, lewisweller said:

It's a common fault the rear comfort control module forgets the settings either when switching between keys or when battery is disconnected.....

Little bit of a different question Lewis. 

Cayenne sleeping Mode. After some time the car is going into some sleeping Mode.

My old S stay for some time now. Let's say one week. It's not waking up. Turning the key and steering. Nothing. After 5 minutes it worked. Now again not. What it could be? Thanks

13 hours ago, ekstroemtj said:

Little bit of a different question Lewis. 

Cayenne sleeping Mode. After some time the car is going into some sleeping Mode.

My old S stay for some time now. Let's say one week. It's not waking up. Turning the key and steering. Nothing. After 5 minutes it worked. Now again not. What it could be? Thanks

Thomas it seems most Porsche do a sleep mode after 1 week but I don't think its supposed to take 5 mins to wake up. Not sure what to advise really. 

All I can add is mine resets the comfort settings maybe once a month, keeps doing so for a few days then stops. Once however I went to start it and nothing, no crank. Turned it to the off position, then on and still nothing. Took the key out and tried again and it started. Freaked me out. But when I was reading about it it seems there were bugs in the 2004 code, and I just chocked it up to that. We still live in fear of the immobilizer however!