Server Lease Renewal/Software Licenses
Our yearly server lease, software licenses, as well as hardware operating costs are due Dec 6th, 2017. Our current donations have fallen far short of the funds we need to renew. Please consider a donation to help...
Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest
There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must login to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.
Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org
- View Classified Ads
- DIY Tutorials
- Porsche TSB Listings
- VIN Decoder
- Special Offers
- OBD II P-Codes
- Paint Codes
- Videos System
- and get rid of this welcome message
It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE
Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)
- No ads - advertisements are removed
- Access the Contributors Only Forum
- Contributing Members Only Downloads
- Send attachments with PMs
- All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
- Option Codes Lookup
- VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Hi guys. On my 07' CS (987) I need to change my CDR-24 to an aftermarket radio, so I have purchased the following Items as I wanted to have a try at fitting myself (as10yrs ago i used to install my own). Head unit - Pioneer AVH-8800BT Facia - Connects2 CT23PO03 Cable - Connects2 CTSP0005.2 From looking through the instructions for the CTSP0005.2 it shows that I need to connect wires for Speed Pulse/Park Brake/Reverse, does this mean that I also need to purchase the Paser UNICAN? r is there another way I can pickup Thanks
I have issue with CR220 on 2002 Porsche Boxster Base, it didn't power on at first so here is the progress I made sofar
- Read the blogs/youtube and removed the radio after purchasing the radio removal tool from Walmart (~$6)
- Found the fuse behind the radio was blown (10Amp), replaced it with one from local auto store
- now the radio is ON but prompting for **CODE**, thanks to Renntech got the code to unlock it
- Entered the CODE now the radio seems to be working but NO audio !!!
- Looked at the service manual and fuse details since some of the blogs pointed me to fuse box and the fuse for the AMP.
- The 7.5Amp fuse was blown on the fuse box ROW D and Number 9 (D9). So while I am waiting for the fuse to arrive (from amazon) I - - had a 15AMP fuse handy and tried to insert it but there was a spar when I tried to do that !!!, guessing a short to the ground some where down the wires.
- So started to remove Audio related modules from the front of the trunk. And found two Bose modules one seems to be the AMP big black casing with lot of vent holes. And there is another module don't know what it is. After I disconnected the wiring connectors from these modules I was able to insert the D9 fuse in the fuse box. So I am guessing there is something is wrong with the AMP or the other Bose module.
Did you see similar problem ? What are these two modules for ? there 3 connectors going to these two modules. Any ideas on how to fix it or get it repaired (i don't know which one of these two has the issue or short)
Edit: turns out there's an amplifier in the trunk, and each one of the six speakers has its own output. So that's how the Becker CDR-220, which has only four outputs, drives the six speaker system.
Original question: I have a 2001 996 with six speakers - two dash, two by the rear seats, two in the doors. But the CDR-220 head unit has only four audio outputs. So I guess the dash and door speakers run off the same output? Is there a crossover hidden somewhere in the wiring or do they all get the same full-spectrum signal?
I have a 2014 981 Base (non bose and no audio upgraded). I have burnt a MP3 CD that work fine, I like to listen to my songs in Shuffle Mode. But I have the upgraded Sports steering wheel with no controls on it. I would like an EASY way to advance to the next song with the control bar (not sure what it is called or Stalk behind the steering wheel that controls the mini-display on the dash),
Is there a trick with that control bar to advance to the next song in Shuffle mode? The only thing that seems to work is the next button directly on the radio itself. I'm worried it with break or wear out.