Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Background:  Not sure if it's a coincidence as I tend to have bad luck but I recently had a set of steel H & R springs installed on my Panamera 4S, and for the first day I had no issues.   Today, two times, I was using manual mode (maybe significant, may not be) and three error messages came on simultaneously; "PSM Failure",  "All Wheel Drive malfunction", and "Transmission Failure"  The car would not go into Sport, Sport Plus or, PSM suspension settings and would shift but with significantly less  power "limp mode".  I immediately turned off the car and turned it back on and the messages disappeared and the car ran fine, this happened twice today, and only while I had the car in Manual mode.  The car is out of warranty but curious if anyone has any

IMG_0208.jpg

Edited by Alena Darrick Duran

, they said that the car's battery, when disconnected probably tripped up the computer.  They reset the computer but it soon started acting up again.  I'm going to take it back since it needs an ignition coil replaced anyway.  Who knows maybe that will fix it.  

Edited by Alena Darrick Duran

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/21/2017 at 3:23 PM, solo619sd said:

I have the same exact issue. What if any results did you get. I replaced my ignition coils and cleaned lines with sea foam. Still going into limp mode.

did you get it fix?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My 2011 Panamera base showed “fault transmission” and went into limp mode. Turned off the car and restarted. No more message and it ran fine. Took car to dealer to get checked out as a precaution. They are saying that the dme and trans are not communicating.  They have to replace the dme or the entire transmission! WTF?  They said it may be due to a battery replacement by the previous owner and that the battery was not “coded”. Sounds like BS. Anybody heard of this?