Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hey folks,

I have a 2000 Boxster S.  I am getting these errors.  I get one horn beep when locking the doors and arming the alarm.  Everything works fine except sometimes the window on the passenger side doesn't drop the 1/4 inch.  Doors lock, alarm arms, key remote unlocks and locks the doors. 

Could this be the micros switch in the passenger door?

What else?

Thanks,

Brian

post-92139-0-86514200-1430778832_thumb.j

OK, I cleared all the codes, and I also replaced the microswitch in the passenger door.  Now I have no issues with the window.  It goes down that 1/4 inch like its supposed to each and every time.

I do, however, still have an issue.  

I have the I32 alarm.  2000 Boxster S.

I get the 10 second delay, and then a get double beeps, and an alarm horn honk each and every time that I set the alarm.  Let me ask you this Loren or anyone, can a bad fuse on the alarm control unit under the seat cause this?  I assumed that if the fuse was broken, that nothing would happen.  I get the alarm set, the doors lock, but, there isn't an alarm "hard code" yet.  There is an Airbag Code 21 Ignition Circuit Driver, and I have the Airbag Light on the dash.  Nothing other  than the 21 airbag code (that I have been unable to track down yet).  The only thing that the durametric is showing at this point, after a couple of days is the "Blue !" that says there are current fault codes, but, doesn't list anything.

What would all of the Alarm I32 Input Signals on the duramteric look like?  I put the top up, locked all the doors with one click on the central locking dash switch, and while having the durametric hooked up and me sitting inside the car, I got a read out of all of the input signals.

What should the input signals look like in that situation?  The status either reads open or closed on about 35 different signals.

Thanks everyone,

Brian

Edited by 2000GotBoxS

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you have everything closed.  The honk means it's not entirely locked.  I usually get it for something silly like the center console isn't fully closed.  Which switch did you replace in your door?  I'm not having alarm issues but sometimes it doesn't retract when I close the passenger door and it gets hung up on the roof.

Yes, everything is closed.  I replaced the microswitch at the door lock.  The one inside the door itself, not the smaller one on the door card.  That has cured all of my window cracking 1/4" each time.

I also have an airbag 21 and the horn doesn't work.  I'm thinking I may actually have a clock spring issue, but, I haven't dug into that yet.

The airbag light has been on since the day I bought it two years ago.  Unfortunately, it came on as I was driving home after buying the car.  I drove it 3 times before getting it with no light.  As I'm driving home with it, I try and push the horn, and nothing happened, and immediately the airbag light came on.

The previous owner had replaced the steering wheel with a really nice wooden steering wheel, and he had purchased a new airbag and had complained about having "issues" with it.  He always took it to the shop, so, he's not much help with troubleshooting.

I have the door cards off putting brand new leather on them, as soon as that is finished, I'm gonna tackle the clock spring and see if that doesn't stop the issue.

I just wish that I knew exactly what was supposed to be "open" and what is supposed to show as "closed" on the Durametric "Input Signals"  I know that everything has to be shut on the car, but, I was referring to the "Input Signals" when you run the test.  

Does anyone have a car similar to mine that has a perfectly working central locking system and alarm, and has a printout of what the input signals test shows?

Thanks all......

Brian

I'll check it on mine.  Can you post a screenshot of where you're seeing the input values?  The only live input value screen I'm seeing is for the DME

Edited by ARModen