Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Greetings everyone,

I have a little problem, I barely use this car and its a brand new 2014 model, after the first oil change the engine lid wont open anymore. When I pull the lever it makes a motorized sound, however it doesnt pop.

Does it have an emergency release cable? My carrera 4 does...

I lost the manual for the S, well mainly because i was an idiot and left it somewhere while in a hurry :-(

Oil change was done professionally, I watched them, engine lid was opened then closed, thats all.

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately we don't have a dealership, I probably wouldn't trust them either (3rd world country). We have to do everything ourselves with our own specialized tools. I haven't checked under the wheel well yet (hesitant) but I know I will need to get to it eventually. :( its still looking so new, feels crappy inside to need to pull things off. :(

We did try applying pressure while pulling the lever but the motor sounds like its for an RC car, very weak, unlike power windows with gearing.

I will post a photo when or If I find it, I can't believe its been 2 months already.

• 1 month later...

I finally opened the engline lid. What a pain in the *** or hands.

I peaked under the tail light but could not see any cables, it was clean and empty.

I removed the right rear wheel and plastic covers but couldn't see the cable, there was another piece of plastic but it needed torx screws and I was too lazy so I didnt bother finding the emergency cable. It was probably under there though.

What I did do was peak under the engine bay with a flashlight and I could actually see the actuator, I told someone to hit the engine lid button and the actuator was working solid.

So I got thinking, if actuator works, pulling the cable would be useless since the emergency cable is connected directly to the actuator not the latch mechanism.

I raised the spoiler, squeezed my hands around the latch and felt the loose cable link. Tada this was the problem. I then got some bicycle cable with a lead ball on the end and shouved it into the latch (tricky) once it grabbed I pulled hard and opened the hood.

I could then see that the plastic clips holding the links in came off, i simply clipped them back in and it all works.

How they came off beats me, still a pos design though...

My terminology sucks I know, I'm not a mechanic but you should be able to work out how I fixed it.

post-96728-0-93466800-1452152922_thumb.j

post-96728-0-49791700-1452152961_thumb.j