Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My next vehicle is to be a 997.2. Currently I drive Mk6 & Mk7 GTIs. They are APR stage 1 (stage 1 Mk7 = 300 HP/335 torque; Mk6 = 260 HP, 290 TQ) & DSG gearboxes in both .

How common are Macadamia Metallic cars? Starting my search of knowledge on how to buy a nice 997.2 over the next 6-12 months (Nashville TN, 30 years old, work in healthcare consulting, recovering fan of American cars pre-2012...)

Edited by ImAbeFroman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you talking seriously about getting a Porsche Carrera?  There are some lovely colors out there, and of course this is a clear matter of personal preference.  But, that said this is a German racing car.  White or Silver, please.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you talking seriously about getting a Porsche Carrera? There are some lovely colors out there, and of course this is a clear matter of personal preference. But, that said this is a German racing car. White or Silver, please.

Yep! Falling in love with the Carrera 4S

- that butt!

Frankly I'd be happy with any color except Speed Yellow or Guards Red.

PRG, Macadamia or white are my preference but there are many months before I make the jump.

07ca3d3272afc1bace4e98e4279c4457.jpg

207279ff59b175f47fcddd3856cad855.jpg

db81ad30aba2242d5b3e3b817777b58d.jpg

4124d2181210c4566b9d66f3fb3c835c.jpg

Edited by ImAbeFroman

• 9 months later...

I love my PRG.  Discreet, classy, and different.  The colour also changes quite a bit with lighting and angle - it can look dark green and even almost turquoise depending on the light.

Only downside is that as with most darker colours, it shows scratches and swirls.  I had the car paint corrected last spring, and the paint now looks WET and DEEP.

IMG_2164a.thumb.jpg.fd365012c94bbeb8881375b06707cc3d.jpg

• 1 year later...

I've had a macadamia '09 997 C2S,  bought it new.  Got a lot of great comments about it.  but....... everytime I see a white one, or a red one or a dark gray etc...etc...

I liked it because it was featured on the Porsche brochure in 2009 and the combination with the red rear lights and red brake pad housing looked awesome. 

Still love it.  Looks like root beer color.