Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

OBD 2 Scanner and I phone 6

I'm looking for an IPhone 6 App that will deliver fault codes.  The reason being that I might want to find fault codes when I am away from home and I might not have my lap top with me.  I would also like the OBD plug to be a Wi-Fi signal generator, or Bluetooth, to avoid having to carry a cable. 

Can anyone recommend an App that they have found successful.

Thanks for reading.

H  

Edited by Hilux2400

For the reader, there are many and they are inexpensive. Check Amazon. I have the Dash Command app. It's pretty good.  I don't think it can clear codes, but I'm not 100% sure.

If you really just want something to read and clear codes, buy a regular code reader.  They're relatively cheap (around $50) and you can keep it in the frunk. To me, the bluetooth and wireless varieties are just novelties.

Edited by wyovino

I have an app called Engine Link that works OK for reading and clearing OBD2 fault codes. I use it with a cheap wifi adapter I bought on eBay. Handy to throw in the glove box, just in case.

At the time I bought mine, Bluetooth devices like this wouldn't work with iPhones without Jailbreaking the iOS. I don't know if that is still the case, so you need to look into it if you take the Bluetooth option.

Edited by Richard Hamilton

I have not tried it but I saw one on itune called "OBD Fusion" which looks very promising and it's very diagnostic oriented (approaching the "Torque app" on Android). It also supports mode $05 and $06.

Edited by Ahsai