Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Turbo / MAF replacement, Oil found

Not sure here, but I would think if the turbo vent line was blocked (rather than leaking) you would get an over boost situation. There is that one way valve there, or perhaps it is just filled with oil? You did have all those oil problems before. It would be hard to blow through to test, as there are multiple exit points, but might be something to consider.

2 hours ago, ekstroemtj said:

Before weekend I would like to ask professional advise. My technical knowledge is limited but I have the strong will to fix the problem.

Because the current overboost problem appeared after I started the search for my oil and hesitation problem I am going back to every part I have touched in the last 12 month. For this reason I would like to ask what will be the result of the turbo vent line has a leak. What will happen? Will it effect idle? Running conditions in general? Boost? I appreciate your help.

I am talking about 14 and 15. Please don't care about the coloured section.

Thank you very much

carbon_canister_line1256774868.jpg

Thomas if 14 or 15 is leaking I would expect the maf reading from the drivers side bank 2 to be wrong but testing this won't be straight forward.

Assuming the check valve 13 is working well (I think you replaced it not long ago) then under boost you won't have any pressure loss but you could have extra air being sucked into the driver side turbo which hasn't been metered by the maf sensor and this could cause overboost in theory. Normally over boost is the wastegates sticking or leaking and they simply don't released the boost inside the turbo at the right time to stop overboost. 

This small amount of sucked air from 14 or 15 pipes before the turbo isn't going to make a huge difference to the car under acceleration.  I also bet the idle would be unchanged in this circumstance or the Ecu would adjust and you couldn't tell either way, maf sensor readings aren't used for idle really. 

The only other thing that would pop that code is a faulty MAP sensor or the wiring to it! You had some wiring go bad already for the purge valve nearby. Is it possible this is the issue? 

• Upvote 1

replaced the passenger side pressure pipe which is going to the wastegate. Was only one year old but i wanted to be shure there is no leak. Checked the hose to intercooler,  hose to intake where MAF is sitting. Everything tide. 

Wanted to check the wastegate mechanism but difficult to get to this place.

maybe somebody can route me how to come to this place?!

IMG_9645.JPG

Oil isn't good but it is normal. Most of the oil comes from the PCV vent system and not from the Turbo seals. I found the delamination in my Y-pipe also a couple years ago and happened to find a new old stock IPD plenum to replace it. I don't think I would ever pay full price for the IPD product, it is better made and better flowing than the stock plastic pipe but not that much better. With that said, the stock plastic Y-pipe is pretty cheap to replace.

Also, I installed two Oil catch cans in the PVC system to catch some of the oil going to the Intercoolers and intake, they do make a huge difference. Oil in the Intake air reduces Octane when mixed with the fuel, so in effect lowering performance by the ECU reducing timing and/or boost.

• Like 1

@hahnmgh63 thank you Mark. I think i need to check the PVC membrane again. 

Would you share please how you install your catch cans? Catch cans you mention already many times as a solution. Maybe i will give it . Its a DIY or you bought it ad a set? There are some possibilities out as i see in the web. 

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-955-957/251477-moroso-catch-can.html

Edited by ekstroemtj

On the way to find the leak i change the Turbo Charger to Intercooler Hose Seal / passenger side / which is sitting next to the Charger outlet. Was easy. No oil inside.  Testdrive. The same. 

Wastegates not possible to reach from underneath and not through wheel housing.

test drive. Noise still in place. 

IMG_9654.JPG

IMG_9655.JPG

IMG_9658.JPG

IMG_9660.JPG

IMG_9661.JPG

RenderedContent-451AFDC6-BA97-422D-86F6-CAA7729FD35D.JPG

RenderedContent-12CC88BB-A4FD-4E3D-BA3E-BEA86E748CC7.JPG

Edited by ekstroemtj

9 minutes ago, lewisweller said:

Make a recording! 

Tomorrow I'm meeting a German who is interested in the car, I hope it goes well. 36,500dhs. 

I hope you can close the deal for a reasonable price.

which service you are using for video upload?

Hard to understand which noises are what really. 

Make another video with the camera on the dials so we can see the boost speed gear and rpm. This help to understand better. Also make the video long maybe from 2nd gear hard acceleration up to 5th gear. Autobahn is nice..........lol

Having listened to and recorded my engine many times, that whine noise that sounds like a super charger does not sound turbo related to me. Too closely tied to RPM.  Sounds belt driven. Yes, longer vid, and also let off quickly to hear the wastegates at some point.

2 hours ago, ekstroemtj said:

Could the boost sensor fail? Any chance to  test this small device?

same with the N75 valve ( i have used your pic lewis) . I changed it one year ago but who knows. 

IMG_3060.JPG

RenderedContent-E3319AA6-808B-4B4F-8EF3-34EDC99C7A54.JPG

Possible but unlikely the map sensor is faulty. No harm in cleaning it with some carbon cleaner. 

The n75 valve is very reliable and I doubt a new one is faulty. 

Very similar on the 955 to the 957. Scroll down and download his pdf.  I installed mine under the plastic trim panel so you don't see the can but it does catch a fair amount of oil that would otherwise be coating the Intercooler, throttle body, intake manifold, and turbos.

6 hours ago, hahnmgh63 said:

Very similar on the 955 to the 957. Scroll down and download his pdf.  I installed mine under the plastic trim panel so you don't see the can but it does catch a fair amount of oil that would otherwise be coating the Intercooler, throttle body, intake manifold, and turbos.

Thank you. I will check the post again

On 8/6/2017 at 8:46 AM, ekstroemtj said:

Maybe someone has idea by listening to the noise / whistle.

So I tried to make a video so you could hear how my turbo and wastegates sound; I also wanted to record how the driveshaft bearing support functions under load. First attempt was not so successful; I thought mounting the camera next to the turbos would be a good idea, but the sound of the transfer case drowns out the turbos too much. I at least finally got a YouTube account set up so I can post more videos of all this. So when I get time I will record more from the inside so you can hear it better.

https://youtu.be/-MXi-YXfAY0

I am pretty sure the noise/ pressure relief is coming from the passenger side. Driving through a tunnel with open windows make me believe it's something on the right side.
Seal on lower tube is changed

Pressure hose to wastegate changed

Is it possible to get access to the wastegate linkage like on the picture (pics from member @danyol)

There is another pressure hose which is going from n75 to charger housing.

Measuring what?  Blowing through this pipe makes air escaping at the end of the air tube which ends in the air filter housing.

Fotor_150223294754690.jpg

Edited by ekstroemtj