Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Turbo / MAF replacement, Oil found

Lewis cant tell you for shure. I took the car and same day my wife took it to drive to prague. I will have some testdrive when she will be back

on the way home from the shop i couldnt feel any problems. Strange . But i was so used to this vibration that i dont even remember how this  car usually is driving. 

On 09/01/2017 at 1:40 AM, ekstroemtj said:

Lewis cant tell you for shure. I took the car and same day my wife took it to drive to prague. I will have some testdrive when she will be back

on the way home from the shop i couldnt feel any problems. Strange . But i was so used to this vibration that i dont even remember how this  car usually is driving. 

Any news on the ctt now Thomas? Engine wise I mean. 

• 4 weeks later...

So just a update. 

My first long trip after the car came back after flex disc replacement. 

Frankfurt to Munich and back.1000 km.

i have to admit, there was no vibration , no hesitation when accelerating. Was all this strange behavior before only related to the cardan flex? Hard to believe. 

But for now the car runs pretty well.

But...

- still boost is climbing to fast  to high levels when i accelerate from low rpm's : overboost code

- whistle noise when turbo is kicking in

- still camshaft position over advanced, code P0011 which is i think the camshaft solenoid / actuator. 

• 4 weeks later...

If anybody ever going through the same problem. The purge valve wiring/connector failed because the wiring became briggle.  There is a chance not to buy the entire wire. The connector is available from Bosch for 6.50. Was one reason of many for my bad running engine

IMG_7032.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not just because I miss this thread, but Lewis or Thomas, do you know anything about this vent/valve here? I can suck air out of it but not into it. Since it is a crankcase vent, you would think it would be the other way around...thanks.

IMG_4390.thumb.JPG.a9b7cb523776ccb155cdbdee96017d34.JPG.25787b7c4f5dca643e2a025443f671d0.JPG

Hi Mikel. Hope you are doing well.

the vent hose you are talking about has to be close. Its regulating the pressure within  the crankcase. Crankcase ventilation hose. Any leak will result in a strange engine running. For my understanding if to much pressure the vent is opening and preasure can release .

Thanks Thomas, thanks Lewis,

It does takes a bit of pressure to open the valve and let pressure out, so I guess that must be enough to hold it in – I don’t see any oil coming out there so I guess it holds.

But you mentioned the crankcase “vacuum” becoming pressurized; I never new it also becomes negatively pressurized. I thought it was always a PCV system. Interesting; the reason I am looking at any of this is the small line that runs off this hose and goes to the back (looks like into the manifold, maybe that is where the negative pressure comes from) is oily at the connectors, thought it might be leaking a bit. At any rate going to clamp those up just for good measure. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Zakowsky said:

Thanks Thomas, thanks Lewis,

It does takes a bit of pressure to open the valve and let pressure out, so I guess that must be enough to hold it in – I don’t see any oil coming out there so I guess it holds.

But you mentioned the crankcase “vacuum” becoming pressurized; I never new it also becomes negatively pressurized. I thought it was always a PCV system. Interesting; the reason I am looking at any of this is the small line that runs off this hose and goes to the back (looks like into the manifold, maybe that is where the negative pressure comes from) is oily at the connectors, thought it might be leaking a bit. At any rate going to clamp those up just for good measure. Thanks.

The small pipe goes to the rigid metal turbo vent pipes located at the rear of the engine. Mine are leaking oily mess but when it tested it I could get anything to pass so I just left it alone as it a total b * tch to fix. 

If the vent system from the turbo fails it might be able to become pressurised maybe this is the purpose for the relief valve. Details and pictures are hard to find on the turbo vents I have searched a lot and found jack all. 

Screenshot_20170423-231824.png

Screenshot_20170423-231836.png

On 4/23/2017 at 2:19 PM, lewisweller said:

The small pipe goes to the rigid metal turbo vent pipes located at the rear of the engine. Mine are leaking oily mess but when it tested it I could get anything to pass so I just left it alone as it a total b * tch to fix. 

If the vent system from the turbo fails it might be able to become pressurised maybe this is the purpose for the relief valve. Details and pictures are hard to find on the turbo vents I have searched a lot and found jack all. 

Screenshot_20170423-231824.png

Screenshot_20170423-231836.png

There's not much to know. The single vent tube coming from the passengers side valve cover pcv connection go's to the tee in the rear. This line is always under pressure except in decel. From the tee each side connects to the turbo scavenge tanks. The turbo scavenge pump sucks/pumps both air and oil and dumps it directly back to the oil pan. Replacing the plastic tee with a metal version should be standard practice for the 955. When you cut the metal crimps off you still have a barb to hold the hose on each metal pipe. If the scavenge tanks didn't have a vent pipe the pump would place the turbo's center cartridge under vacuum, not good. The 955 needs an external AOS, or catch can at minimum because the PCV system is terrible and geared towards low maintainence and emissions.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I will need to change my passenger's side fuel pump. The other one on drivers side should be already replaced according the shop. I would like to try to do it by myself. Does anybody know if I need to open both sides of the tank or is one enough? Thank you

Second question is touching my suspension. I didn't have any noise so far. Last weekend when I changed my wheels I thought it could be a good idea to get some rubber protection/ Maintenance spray to some of the suspension parts. Very very big mistake looks like.   

Since then I have a terrible annoying squeeking noise while driving. Coming from the front somewhere.  What the hell this spray did what is producing such a noise. Any idea?

Edited by ekstroemtj

7 hours ago, ekstroemtj said:

I will need to change my passenger's side fuel pump. The other one on drivers side should be already replaced according the shop. I would like to try to do it by myself. Does anybody know if I need to open both sides of the tank or is one enough? Thank you

Second question is touching my suspension. I didn't have any noise so far. Last weekend when I changed my wheels I thought it could be a good idea to get some rubber protection/ Maintenance spray to some of the suspension parts. Very very big mistake looks like.   

Since then I have a terrible annoying squeeking noise while driving. Coming from the front somewhere.  What the hell this spray did what is producing such a noise. Any idea?

Yes both sides need to be opened for either fuel pump replacement. 

The squeak is the anti-roll bar bushes. What did you spray with? 

2 hours ago, ekstroemtj said:

Thank you Lewis. On the passenger side is sitting the fuel pressure regulater?! Should i get a new one?

about the bushings, i used some kind of rubber care like shown below

IMG_0169.PNG

This sonax looks more of a rubber conditioner for non functional rubbers, not suitable for anti roll bar or other bushes. A silicon spray grease is better suited to suspension bushes. 

If you got a the cash then might as well change the regulator save going back there sometime in the future maybe. Also buy 2 new Rubber gaskets for the left and right side, they are pain to get seated properly and if you fail the car will stink of fuel. 

Nearly empty tank is easiest and someone to help hold pipes and stuff out the way make the job a lot easier. 

• Upvote 1

On 2.6.2017 at 9:28 AM, ekstroemtj said:

Thank you Lewis. On the passenger side is sitting the fuel pressure regulater?! Should i get a new one?

about the bushings, i used some kind of rubber care like shown below

IMG_0169.PNG

400 km driving in havy rain solved the squeeking noise. Looks like lots of water washed out any kind of emulsion I sprayed there. Solved.

Fuel pump issue. 

Yesterday just for fun i changed the pump relays from my S to the CTTS. 

Surprise: when i am now opening the driver side door:  suuummm suuuuuum. 

Looks like it was not the pump failing . Just the relay:biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Today i changed the DV Valve on the passenger side. Hoping to find the reason for my overboost code and the whistle noise. But... the DV i replaced was ok. So need to continue to search.

the replacement is easy. Only problem for me was opening the clamps. Didnt have the right tools. 

IMG_9457.JPG

IMG_9458.JPG

IMG_9459.JPG

IMG_9460.JPG

Something is wrong with my purge valve. I replaced the part long time ago because i had failure codes. 

After replacement the code disappeared and never came back. On top i change the wiring incl. the connector because it was really briggle. But this part is making noises. Ticking. Sounds like a valve is opening/ closing nonstop.