Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Super happy to join this forum as a new 2014 C GTS owner after having been a 2008 CTT owner for many years.  (Picked up a great deal with some very low mileage- see foto below)

I have a couple quick questions if anyone cares to help me out:

1) I have the Sport Chromo analog clock on the dashboard.  I have noticed that when I get into the car in the morning and turn on the SUV for the first time, I notice that the hour/minute hands start to spin and ultimately stop on the correct time.   Is this a normal feature of the clock??  (Since the clock does keep the correct time, I'm not sure whether I should care but I do find a bit odd...)

2) I have the inflatable spare in the back.  I was just taking a closer look at all the supplies next to the tire and noticed a space that appears to be missing something (right below the wheel lock and under the velcro strap.)  I took a photo to show what I'm talking about. Is there something missing in this photo? If so, can anyone tell me what it is?  (Or take a photo of their parts) You can see the air compressor is located below.

Lastly, when I had my CTT there was a thread on this forum that contained a bunch of really cool little tricks/hidden features about the CTT that you could only find if you read the owners manual page by page.  Is there something similar for the Cayenne GTS?  

Happy driving everyone!

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_5824.JPG

Edited by TurboLove

1. Normal

2. Spare in a can - liquid sealant you'd need if you didn't have a spare. Since you DO have a spare.. the hole remains empty. I store my trailer wiring adaptor in it.

BTW - the wheel pin that threads into a lug-bolt hole - making it easier to put a tire on or off - is hidden under the jack. I now have two since I expected it to be somewhere obvious, and when it wasn't - I bought one.

Edited by deilenberger
  • Upvote 1