Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I am looking at a CPO Cayenne.  This would be my first CPO Porsche, it would be 2 years of coverage.    Is there a requirement to take the car back to the dealer for regular services to keep the CPO warranty?    I am wondering if I could have oil changes down at an independent shop and/or do them myself. 

Richard, there is no requirement to take the car to dealer for scheduled maintenance. I'm on my 3rd Cayenne and never use dealer for oil changes. 

Why do you state that the warranty is for 2 years?  Porsche CPO is 100,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first.

If your warranty is 2 years, i don't think it's issued by Porsche.  

THanks for the info on the maintenance.  

It had a CPO sticker in the window.  The salesman said it would be  2 years or 50K (more miles).  He said it caps at 100K miles. He said since the car has 59K on it it would be 2 years or 41K miles for me. .  It seems to match what I found here
http://www.porsche.com/usa/approvedused/porscheapproved/
http://www.autotrader.com/car-shopping/cpo-program-review-porsche-238862

This is a 2012 Cayenne. From that second website, it seems if the car was still under warranty at time of used sale they would push the warranty out to 6 years(from original sale date) up to 100K total miles miles. I assume the original warranty was 4 years or 50K miles.  If the car is not under warranty (this one has 59K and I would assume more then 4 years old) then the warranty seems to be  2 year from date of used purchase of 50K more miles(not to exceed 100K in total)

I think the difference might be that I am talking about 2 years of date of used sale and I think maybe you are talking about 5 years from the original sale?  They seem to have pushed that to 6 years from cars that are still under warrenty but offer this other warrenty for cars that are out of warrenty but still in good shape

We recently bought a 2012 CPO Cayenne from local Porsche dealer. The 4 years warranty run out end of April 2016. The CPO added two more years and extended to April 2018. Once purchased, Porsche America will send you CPO paperwork indicating when the CPO warranty ends.

Regarding oil change service, I was told by the Porsche Brand Ambassador that you can do it yourself. The only thing is you will need to reset the oil change service reminder. You will need a Durametric to do that. Unless your dealer is willing to reset that for you or you have a trusted local shop to do it.

SML