Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2005 Cayenne Turbo Entry And Drive

Bought a 2005 Cayenne Turbo last week and it is definitely an upgrade from my '04 S that I had before it. However, I see that the door handles have a button on them that wasn't on my old one. Looking into it I assume that it has or had Porsche Entry and Drive. The used dealership I got it from only had one key with the car and there was no "dummy key" in the ignition which from what I read is needed for Entry and Drive. My question is, how can I find out if I had it, and if I did have it, how can I reinstall it in my car?

P.S. The Porsche dealer printed me a list of my options and I saw code 4F6 which the description is : CENTR.LOCK. KEYL. ENTRY W/O SAFE LOCK. SYS.

Thanks guys!

It has entry and drive if it has the little black buttons on the doors. Assuming it still works, you should be able to lock with the key in your pocket by pushing the black button on a door handle. Unlock by pulling a handle to open without pushing the black button.

The dummy key has nothing inside its just plastic and a generic shape I believe so you can buy another one without any hassle of coding blah blah. 

The kessy system of keyless entry works simply by external antennas sensing the person with the key on them, they can pull any door or boot handle and it automatically unlocks and will allow opening. (The doors require two pulls). Locking the car is done by pressing once any handle button (with the key on you of course)

If all the handles don't work then likely the kessy module is faulty like mine was and I soldered in 2 new mosfets and 6 new  MELT resistors. Works perfect now. Big thread on this is here if just search "kessy"

You need to get a dummy key as well to check if the internal antennas are working. 

Thank you guys! I tried to lock it with the button on the door to no avail. Locked it with the key and tried to unlock with the handle, same thing. I'll be checking the fuses when I have time and in the meantime I'll just be locking it normally. 

6 hours ago, Mr.Flip said:

Thank you guys! I tried to lock it with the button on the door to no avail. Locked it with the key and tried to unlock with the handle, same thing. I'll be checking the fuses when I have time and in the meantime I'll just be locking it normally. 

It will be the mosfets inside the module are failed or at least one is. I changed both of mine but actually only one was faulty and 3 MELT resistors which correspond to that mosfet. It's not actually a difficult job. Before you tackle this get the dummy key from eBay or amazon or a dealer and see if the internal antenna is working. Read the fault codes for sure something is there. Mouser.com for all the components. But take my advise remove the module open it and check the parts and part numbers first as not all mosfet is the same type. I bought the ones suggested and opened mine up to find different type and needed to reorder, your car will be totally unusable when embed of course so have a second car and assume a week without it I would.