Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Wiring Diagram 07 Cayman seats

Hi,

I'm embarking on a project to install heated 12-way memory seats from an 07 Cayman into my 986 Boxster.  I've found some guidance on how to do it, but I am searching for better options. 

In order to make sure I'm doing thorough research, I need access to the wiring diagram for the 07 Cayman seats.  Does anyone have the diagram or can tell me where to find it?  

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2 years later...
On 3/24/2017 at 9:41 PM, KevinH90 said:

Hi,

I'm embarking on a project to install heated 12-way memory seats from an 07 Cayman into my 986 Boxster.  I've found some guidance on how to do it, but I am searching for better options. 

In order to make sure I'm doing thorough research, I need access to the wiring diagram for the 07 Cayman seats.  Does anyone have the diagram or can tell me where to find it?  

Thanks,

Kevin

Can you send me what you found out? I’m doing the same thing to and 02 boxster with 07 cayman s seats and need to know if I can power the seat through the memory seat module with power 

Here's a link that I was planning to use as my starting point: 

WWW.PELICANPARTS.COM

In this article we'll show how to install 997 seats into a 986 Boxster

Unfortunately, I was unable to purchase the seats (the seller was driving from Canada to Road Atlanta and I was planning to meet him in Roanoke.  One of his companions was supposed to put the seats in his trailer, but forgot.)   Therefore,  I don't have any first-hand knowledge to share.   I later found a set of seats (12-way driver, 8-way passenger) from a 996 Turbo that had been converted to a race car and installed them instead.

I have attached the (rough) notes that I compiled before I changed plans and the 987 wiring diagram.  I have some wiring and connectors from a 987 that I had planned to use in the project.  Let me know if you think they will be useful.

I recently adapted a set of Mercedes C63 AMG seats to work in the 2005 Mercedes C230 that I use as a daily driver.  You can read about it here: 

MBWORLD.ORG

C-Class (W203) - Seat swap - 2009 C63 - I will be meeting with a guy who is parting out a 2005 C230 some time this week. I need to replace the front wheel liners and I will also be looking to see if he has any trim that can upgrade some of my cosmetically challenged parts. The seller told me that...

The seats in my Mercedes  and Porsche work differently, but you may be able to glean  something useful from my false starts and eventual (but delayed) completions of the project.  I think you will be facing some of the same issues I encountered putting later generation seats into an earlier car.  Because my C230 did not come with memory seats, I decided it would be too expensive and perhaps not technically feasible to make use of the memory function in the C63 seats.  Mercedes uses a Canbus system to send data such as the signals that control seat memory. through out the car.  If Porsche adopted a similar system, you may be in for quite a challenge. 

In addition to the seat motors, you will need to deal with the air-bag related seat occupancy sensor.  If the 07 Caymans have the side impact air bags in the seats, you will need to ensure that you deal with them safely.  If the seats are heated, that will be another challenge.

Good luck with your project.

Cayman seat info.pdf Cayman(987) 2006 Wiring Diagram - CU Seats.pdf

Edited by KevinH90