Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Torque convertor seal is leaking

9 minutes ago, Zakowsky said:

Nightmare is right...keep at it though; every bit they fix will be less for you to do yourself in the long run. Hope its resolved before you leave.

Went there today, the air suspension wouldn't calibrate, took me ages to get it to validate all four corners, because there was a electrical fault code for the left front. I told them to find the fault likely a cable they forgot to connect back properly. 

Went for a drive and it felt better got up to 100-110 briefly in the small roads there and it much better. AC gassed more so manageable now, was never great anyway in summer. 

Still not happy with the suspension it Smashing something, I asked them to recheck everything again. 

I didn't notice any noise or vibration from the rear wheels or bearings so that was hog wash. 

They didn't actually tell me what they found and fixed which leads me to believe something silly was forgotten like loose bolts on a driveshaft or something and they rectified it, but they was leaving me to think I imagined the whole issue. 

Spotted a leak of fuel on the fuel rail Schrader valve which wasn't seated closed. They screw driver pulsed it open and fuel sprayed out obviously but it did reseal and stop dripping. 

Still they can't find my lost locking Wheel nut socket! 

Nightmare indeed. 

Just had a brain wave. 

I think the weird vibration and noise was because the suspension was not functioning properly and front collapsed. I've read the cayenne can be susceptible to this as the driveline is not aligned when suspension ride height is not within normal spec. This may also explain why after I managed to get it somewhat levelled with the vagcom today before the test drive it was seemingly better.

Still need to sort out the left front sensor electrical circuit fault code so the suspension will work properly. 

Any ideas why the rear suspension creaks when going from normal to low or up to terrain? It was pretty silent before. Maybe a bit of silicon spray needed on the bushes. 

On 4.6.2017 at 5:10 AM, lewisweller said:

the creaking reminds me to my noises . Remember?  I was better for some time after driving in heavy rain. Yesterday came back again. Today i sprayed graphite oil to some places. Until now no change.

Picked up the car yesterday around 1.30pm temp was reading 55oC, I couldn't even touch the steering wheel and burnt my *** on the seat leather. Started up and tried to get the ac cooling but it was pumping out hot air, hotter than the outside temp. The garage guy wasn't there and his employee said "oh thats strange they re-gassed it and it was all fine". He then asked me for money to pay the bill, which I declined, I will check the car first I told him. 

After 5 mins I gave up sitting there and went for a drive around, car felt ok but AC doesn't work at all! 

Knowing all there mechanics are not working due to Ramadan hours here I decided to just drive home, I give up with these idiots. 

Bad idea really, got stuck in Thursday afternoon traffic and had 50oC sauna for 1 hr until I turned of the traffic jam and headed to another fuel station garage. They checked the AC and confirmed my hunch there is no Gas at all inside. They vacuumed and found no leaks. They tried to fill the gas again but the refrigerant won't go inside. He said either the Schrader valve is faulty or the low pressure side piping is blocked. I noticed the low pressure schrader cap is missing when it was there before these other garage monkeys worked on the car and also there is a flat head screw driver wedge indent in the schrader Rubber valve. Can't see it on the picture though. 

So I then proceeded to drive another 50 mins without AC to my house. 

Oh and the bonnet strut is broke and the locking Wheel nut adaptor missing still. 

So they aren't getting paid. I will fix everything and just send the pictures of the repair bills to the guy with a big F**k you. 

I haven't confirmed that their claim there is no oil leaks from the bell housing/transmission area is true. It will be just my luck I find its still leaking. 

I'm going to uk tonight so all this mess will have to wait until mid July. I may order some stuff from uk whilst I'm there as it cheaper. 

I just want to get it all working properly and sell it. I don't even need a second car now. Sob Sob. 

IMG_20170615_1458248.jpg

Edited by lewisweller

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys it's been a while... drove the cayenne today to get AC sorted out but not good news, will start a new thread for that in a minute. 

Regarding the torque convertor seal and other associated issues after the repair was done, I'm happy to say it drives ok and doesn't leak now from anywhere. 

Unfortunately as a result of the garages repairs or just by real bad luck the bonnet strut is broke and the AC is not working, the low side is blocked according to the diagnosis today. See new thread for more details and request for some info from you kind gents.  

Edited by lewisweller