The RennTech.org community is Member supported!  Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating.
Click here to Donate

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must login to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Chander

Checking out a 2011 Boxster S

I am interested in buying a Boxster with PDK. I used to have a 2004 911 Carrera S which I loved, but the road noise eventually got to me. I miss the exhilaration of driving a Porsche again, and am considering a Boxster for 2 reasons: It is more affordable than a 911, and I have read that it is the quietest of the three _Boxster, Cayman and 911.

I see a 2011 Boxster S with PDK, Sport chrono, for about 27k with 84k miles on it. I live in Chicago, the car is in Winston Salem NC. Is there a lister or a reputable shop in Winston NC that can help me out by checking out the car? Is that even advisable?

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Habbs_986
      Hi All

My first post here so please bear with me but pretty desperate for help.  Have 2004 Boxster S and its, in general, running a bit rough (feels fuel rich).  It also will also, on occasion, not go.   Pulling up at a busy intersection and car reduces to Idle.  Then put the foot down and the car stays at idle.   Normally an engine restart gets things going again (although not always and sometimes requires a few goes).  

Bought a computer reader and found error codes
      P0102:  Factory Fault code 115 - Mass air flow sensor - below limit
      P2135: Accelerator Pedal - Signal Implausible
      P0121: Factor Fault code 117 - Throttle value or accelerator pedal potentiometer - signal implausible
      P1266: Factory Fault Code 409 - Fuel shutoff function monitor - signal implausible

Took the car to Porsche.  They suggest a MAF sensor was the root cause and replaced it.   It felt better for a few days then problem returned.  They replaced another MAF sensor.. Same problem.   They then said the MAF reads 0 and have checked the cables so its me DME and it needs replacing (not cheap)

Have taken the car back home and looked at the likely affecting values myself from the computer.

1. MAF. 
      The computer shows to different values for MAF
      Mass air flow (HFM) is always 0 regardless of if the car is working correctly or not and at any accelerator level 
      Mass air flow seems to move within a range of 18 (idle) to 100 (full throttle)

2. Throttle  (since it had error codes on this)
      Pedal encoder potentiometer 1 and 2 always move and the pedal value goes from 0-100% when its working but stays at 0 when its not.  Since the potentiometers always move I am assuming the DME simply can't add things up so sticks the pedal value at 0.

ie.   The MAF sensor reading above confuses the DME and it reduces the throttle to 0.  That feel consistent with the behaviour of the car (its just sticks at idle)   

Any one with any clues?  Certainly don't want to replace the DME unless absolutely necessary....

HELP?

• By RenoBoxster
      Hi guys,

Has anyone tried to remove the gas tank? The straps are off but I am unable to drop the tank. Can this be done without having to tinker with the steering column? Thanks in Advance.

Year: 2002
      Model: Boxster S
      Miles: 65000
      Transmission: Tiptonic
    • By loch55
      I have a 2000 Boxster.  Recently the horn is very sensitive and sounds with the slightest of pressure.  Today when breaking hard the horn sounded.  Any ideas of the cause?  Also, does anyone know which fuse supports the horn?  I want to be prepared to deactivate it if it gets stuck on.

Thanks.
    • By Jayco
      I have a 1997 Boxster with 30,000 miles. The battery is charged and the car starts and runs fine. However, I cannot open the hood or trunk with the levers next to the drivers seat when the door is open! When I press the interlock switch on the dash nothing happens. The light stays on. Any ideas??
    • By jcuticchia
      I recently had a dead battery in my 2007 Boxster with PCM (no bose).  Once the car charged everything seemed fine.  The Navigator and CD work perfectly.  However, the radio will only pick up stations when it is in accessory mode.  Here is how it goes:  Car running - no reception; turn off motor; 1-4-8 reboot; radio works fine.  Turn on motor - 4 seconds later the radio no longer picks up stations (static).  However SOMETIMES one station will come it.  I did the MAIN-TRIP diagnostics and it showed   ! PCM; ! SOFTWARE; Ck Navigator.

I took it into the shop today and they ran some diagnostics and said that it showed nothing wrong.  The dealer said that I would have to get a replacement PCM and then quoted a price in 4K range.  Has anybody seen this type of problem before, and if so is there a solution?  Also if I have to replace the PCM are there less costly options than 4K.  Thanks for any suggestions in advance.