The RennTech.org community is Member supported!  Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating.
Click here to Donate

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must login to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

On my '08 GTS I have a few things happening.  First, when arming the alarm, the hazards flash four times instead o the customary two.  Is this an indication of a malfunction? 

Second, the rear hatch will not fully close when pressing the button on the liftgate.  It will close when pressure is applied to the gate when closing. 

Both of these happened after the dealer replaced the driver's door module and re-coded the car. 

Any ideas on where to begin?  Other than going back to the dealer.

Edited by Scott C
Tags

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

5 minutes ago, Scott C said:

On my '08 GTS I have a few things happening.  First, when arming the alarm, the hazards flash four times instead o the customary two.  Is this an indication of a malfunction? 

Second, the rear hatch will not fully close when pressing the button on the liftgate.  It will close when pressure is applied to the gate when closing. 

Both of these happened after the dealer replaced the driver's door module and re-coded the car. 

Any ideas on where to begin?  Other than going back to the dealer.

Go back to the dealer, this is surely a software issue and only the dealer can resolve this really. 

Thanks guys.

Ugh...  This will be the second time taking it back to resolve programming issues related to the door module.

I think the dealer did not troubleshoot correctly and the root cause is that your rear gate is not closing properly probably due to aging or faulty system ; I had the same problem (hydraulic / micro switch) on a Mercedes ML... the 4 flashes is because one of the doors (in this case the rear ) is not close properly...when you force close the rear , is the alarm function correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@JPA1, I think a door switch is more likely given the two behaviors.  Back in college I installed mobile security systems and saw this behavior quite a bit.

If I knew for sure the source of the four flashes, it would tell me volumes about where to focus next.  Given the rear gate behavior, the two are likely linked.

I haven't noted the flashing behavior on the force close.....  Will do this and report back.

More info.  Tailgate open, the lights flash twice.  tailgate closed, they flash four times.

I unplugged the microswitch in the tailgate latch and it rendered the auto open feature useless.

I'm now suspecting that they missed coding the rear liftgate as assisted opening.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Pete Sandhu
      I'm having electrical issues with my 2000 Boxster S.

My windows drop when the doors are opened, but they do not respond to the window controls. They do not come down when the Convertible top handle is pulled.

The doors do not lock or unlock with the console button or the remote. I can only lock the driver door.

The defrost button does not respond.

I replaced the C3 and D1 fuses even though they looked and tested good.

I'm getting 13 volts (when the car is on) at the C3 and D1 positions.
      I pulled the console and tested voltage to the switches and couldn't find any voltage between any two of the many wires going to each switch.

I replaced the module under the driver seat with a new one from Suncoast Porsche and had my local dealer reprogram the new one from the old one's data. The only difference is that my convertible top started working soon after that.

I read in other postings about SPDT relays that are just above the fuses, but I can't find any information about which relay would be affecting these components.

Any ideas on next steps?
    • By Speedobird
      Hi 
      I just purchased a 2015 Cayenne Diesel. When I lock the car, it used to lock down AND made a chirping sound. After replacing a couple of fuses ("shuffling" as a matter of figuring out which fuse to replace), it stopped chirping. The door lock light comes on steady for several seconds then starts blinking. Thought it may be the "horn setting" but I can't find it in the manual. I suspect that one of the fuses I unplugged may have reset this setting? Does anyone know how to restore the original "lock and chirp" setting.

• By BENC911
      Hello,
      I need help/direction with fixing my new car. As the title said, it was a salvage car with flood damage so i replace the fuse box first 99761034100 i put a picture below. The one i purchased came from another car and still had the cables attached so the pairing of my old bad one to the new one was like 95% easy matching. 

After the process of cutting,splicing and reattaching mostly everything worked! However, the autolocks and alarm is not working. Not sure what to do! Also, a few of the cables that came as part of the new fuse box, i was not able to connect! Not sure if that is right.

So the question is how can i find out which cable(s) needed to be connected such that the auto lock, alarm, seats work?  I found online a few diagrams but they do not point out which fuses or cables control those pieces.

Thanks a million in advance, i heard great things about this group!

• By aureliusmaxed
      LHD, Tiptronic, 1998 Carrera Coupe

Hi all, new to the forum but I was consulting some existing threads in the public forums regarding similar and related issues before I started an attempt at this job. I have access to the full wiring diagrams for the vehicle, the pdf is "996 Wiring 1999-2000.pdf" and can be found on google. I had them printed out on large sheet paper so I could trace the wires and go through all the possible issues without having access to factory scanning tools. I'm an electronics and industrial instrumentation technician hoping to build more work experience and reputation in order to get access to more of these repair gigs in the future on higher model cars.

I am working on a 1998 Carerra (Japan market) that was installed with a 'fancy' alarm system that sat on top of the existing setup and most of it was removed prior or at delivery, and I spent yesterday inspecting and repairing the wiring harness from the hack job that was previously in there. Today I went through the troubleshooting steps in order to eliminate probable causes of a no-crank.

The current owner had ordered a new ACM (alarm control module) and had it re-programmed and had told me the porsche dealer said to him the reason it won't start is a 'wiring problem' which I believe I had repaired all the wiring so far in the vehicle. I still have the old ACM with the car, it's just un plugged in the front storage.  After doing my troubleshooting today, I believe it to be the DME but my lack of understanding how the modules interact I'm not sure if it defective or just needing to have some re-programming of some sort which may require a porsche scan tool.

Here's a take-away from my notes today;

Check for B+ signal from ignition start to pin 30 on START LOCK RELAY SUPPORT REAR when ignition key set to START. B+ present
      Jumper pins 30 and 87 to test the relay is working. Turn ignition to START and check for engine cranking. Engine cranks.
      Check for B+ from pin 86 to the relay coil. B+ present 
      Ground pin 85, and turn ignition to START. Engine cranks. Relay is working.
      Check for current path from pin 85 on the START LOCK RELAY SUPPORT REAR to the DME connector pin 66 ACTUATION START LOCK. YEL/VI/BR wire. There is a path. PIN 66 on the DME is not switching to ground, and this won't let the car crank and start.

Check for path of ground from DME pin 68 START LOCK to the shifter PARK and NEUTRAL. It grounds in each position, open in any other.

Check for B+ on pin 88 on the DME which is the DIAGNOSIS W LEAD, and the only wire from the alarm leading into the DME. From my understanding of the alarm system from reading the description of operation from my ALLDATA catalogue, there must be some sort of handshaking going on between the RFID in the key fob, the correct serial and cypher in the ACM and the DME in order for this pin 66 to ground to let the car start.
      Checks at 7.37V with the DME dis-connected, and 8.34V with the DME plug end connected. I also ohmed out this wire 0.2ohm to check for any unusual resistance because seeing that voltage struck me as unusual. Again, I'm not sure of how this system interacts but I can only assume it's correct as I also tried to measure this voltage with the spare ACM installed with the same reading.

What I wanted to ask for;
      Is this a wiring problem, problem in the ACM or DME and what would have to be done to rectify it.

Warm regards, Aurelius

Attached are three helpful photos of the DME ACM and a sheet that I believe came with the new ACM

• By Basil and Sybil
      Hi guys!
      When I have my hood down and lock the car, then stick my hand in alarm does nothing.
      Is this a senor issue, also how easy to fix?
      2007 Boxster S

Cheers for any responses,
      Mart