Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2007 - 987 Boxster -drivers door window won't go up all the way

8/14/2017

Hey, hi y'all.... 2007 - 987 Boxster - 5spd Manual

I need some help ...

My drivers door window won't go up all the way. Using the auto-up mode or hold the toggle switch up.

With the window not going up all the way, door open or closed; convertible top up or down.... The interior lights stay on for over 20 minutes or so AND I can't lock the doors or set the alarm.... Then when I open the door, the interior lights Do Not Come On.....

I have tried the "Re-learn" process several times (put window down and hold the button for 10 seconds... then go up and hold the button for another 10 seconds..).. There has to be something else going on?? maybe a micro switch i've read about?

is there any way to isolate these symptom separately?

THX RMac7

• Moderators

Welcome to RennTech :welcomeani:

There are multiple micro switches in the doors (attached to the inside and outside door handle pulls) of these cars which drop the window slightly when opening the door.  If one of these fails, the window thinks you are trying to open the door, and the window stays down.  To figure out which one is out, you need to pull the door card and test each switch.

• 4 months later...
On 8/15/2017 at 6:48 AM, JFP in PA said:

Welcome to RennTech :welcomeani:

There are multiple micro switches in the doors (attached to the inside and outside door handle pulls) of these cars which drop the window slightly when opening the door.  If one of these fails, the window thinks you are trying to open the door, and the window stays down.  To figure out which one is out, you need to pull the door card and test each switch.

Hey JFP,

Thanks for the info.... since the last post.. Aug. last year i have taken the door apart 3 separate times... and each time replaced a microswitch... now all three are new and the windows still does the same thing.

You mentioned "pull the door card and test each switch" ?? What is the door card? never heard of this.....

thanks.

RMac7

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, RMac7 said:

Hey JFP,

Thanks for the info.... since the last post.. Aug. last year i have taken the door apart 3 separate times... and each time replaced a microswitch... now all three are new and the windows still does the same thing.

You mentioned "pull the door card and test each switch" ?? What is the door card? never heard of this.....

thanks.

RMac7

The door card is the decorative panel that you see from inside the car, it's technical name is a door card:

img_0541.jpg