Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Some obvious places to look for are the water pump/thermostat area as well as the coolant tank located in the rear trunk region.

Thanks...As it turns out, it is the control valve for cooling the Tiptronic transmission. Evidently, this has been an issue and there is an upgraded part. The problem is getting to it. One post suggests lowering the transmission an inch or two, the other is to remove the passenger side rear axle and some other pieces...or, you could get someone with small hands 🤡 to go through the wheelwell and attack it there.

So, after removing everything I dared, I looked at it from the top of the engine compartment. A few skinned knuckles and 30 minutes later, done.

Actually, all that I found necessary was to raise the right rear wheel, open the engine compartment and have a friend look through the wheel area while I worked from the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Slainte336 said:

Thanks...As it turns out, it is the control valve for cooling the Tiptronic transmission. Evidently, this has been an issue and there is an upgraded part. The problem is getting to it. One post suggests lowering the transmission an inch or two, the other is to remove the passenger side rear axle and some other pieces...or, you could get someone with small hands  to go through the wheelwell and attack it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main problem on replacing the Tip coolant valve is space; without at least lowering the transmission, it is in a very confined space to work, and is incredibly difficult to remove once disconnected. Can it be done this way?  The answer is yes, but it takes way longer and is aggravating as all get out.  Lower the trans, you will be glad you did...................