Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Oil in air intake and y-pipe

Hi guys

I hope I don't have a problem surrender.gif
Today I mounted the IPD Plenum y-pipe. The problem is, that I found oil in the air intake system. The throttle had oil at the bottom before the flap.
The oil is only on driver side...

After mounting the IPD and cleaning the throttle and the other pipes, I went for a test drive and to take the accel. times.

I must say in addition, that I filled a bit too much oil in the engine, a bit over the max-line.
Now I've taken off the flex-pipe and saw again oil on drivers side like on the fotos....
I know that a bit oil in the air intake is no problem. What do you think it's too much oil?

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2702.JPG

Edited by ferri

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ferri said:

I've driven about 500mls and now the oil level is on the max-line... and not over the line.

We never fill customers cars to the max line, ever.  Closest we get is one line below the max line.  Occasional hard driving or track usage will end up with oil in the intake on vehicles without leaking turbos if you overfill the oil system.......................

The pcv return is piped onto the driver side bank 2 turbo so seeing oil on the right side only stands to reason. 

Over filling won't help and is ill advised, but it seems some oil seen in the right side and in the Y pipe intake etc is normal for these aging engines. 

Pull off the bottom intercooler hose and drain that if you want to some more oil! 

Porsche apparently tell customer draining the oil from the intercooler is a normal practice every 40,000 km or something. 

Edited by lewisweller