Server Lease Renewal/Software Licenses
Our yearly server lease, software licenses, as well as hardware operating costs were due Dec 6th, 2017. Our current donations have fallen short of the funds we need to renew. Please consider a donation to help keep this site running...  THANK YOU

DONATE HERE

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must login to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)
Al4S

3.2 carrera 3.2 Carrera wiring help

Hi guys, looking for some help with the wiring behind the dash on a 911 3.2 Carrera. My customer has fitted a new loom behind the dash and repaired the instrument wiring. I’ve managed to sort out the fuse box wiring connections and corrected the wiring to the clocks/Speedo etc. I am having a problem getting the wipers and indicators to work. The hazards work when activated but the indicators won’t do anything. I have wiring diagrams but can’t seem to indentify 4 wires. They are located up by the cigar lighter wiring behind the dash panel. The wires are red/black, black/blue, brown and grey/Green. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also have a relay 911 618 102 01 which I can’t find a location for. Thanks in advance for any help 

8E6F3B4A-56E5-400B-BEAE-901CB2353268.jpeg

You can remove these ads by becoming a Contributing Member.

Thanks Loren, that is what I thought. This would be located up by the window relay and flasher correct? Or is that what the 4 mystery wires connect to. I have had some luck today. I have traced some issues to the light switch, this appears to have been burnt out at some point and causing earthing issues but I still have the problem with the wipers not working and indicators not flashing. Thank you guys 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TyS
      I just finished installing a factory tow package on my 2009 Cayenne.  When I hook up to a trailer and test, everything works except for brake lights.  I checked for power at pins 3&9 on the 7-pin and only have power present there with blinker and not brakes.  I've check all fuses related to the tow package (1,3,5,19,&41) and all are good.  I tested the trailer on another vehicle and the brake lights work.  Since I don't have power to those pins, the issue has to be with the Cayenne.  Do I need to have the computer flashed if I am not using electric brakes?  The trailer I will be hooking up to has surge brakes, so I didn't think I needed to visit the dealer.
      Any assist would be greatly appreciated!!!
      Not sure if it makes a difference, but when I purchased this car, it had a Curt hitch with a flat blade connector in the back compartment.  I didn't trace out and remove this wiring, only the hitch.
      Thanks
      -Ty
    • By touareg
      Does anyone know where this is? I was able to catch a code today when my PSM light came on, and I went into limp mode at highway speeds.

I pinout would be nice, so I can trace the can-bus wiring.

DTC 1314 - DME 

Googling around, sounds like loss of connectivity to the DME, all other modules have not logged any issues talking to the DME.

This is the last of symptoms a massive wire harness failure I had late last year, after repair this is the 3rd time this has popped up.

DME has no codes, may be a red herring but the AWS advanced weight module, I have trouble talking to it and my "Passenger Airbag light Disabled" no longer lights up.
    • By RC6555
      Hi there! My first question on here after lurking for a while.

Of all the options possible on the 987 - I'm really happy with my spec, but would very much like to have heated seats in time for winter 2017. The cost of wiring and sourcing parts to do this to factory spec isn't realistic. I have a really good set of sports seats with the optional crest embossed so finding a set as good, with the heating elements, plus all the parts, coding etc. let alone buying a new HVAC module with the stock switches. Meh - too fiddly.

So I'm going to go with an aftermarket kit. Haven't decided which kit yet but either way, I want to plan out where I'm going to get power for the elements. I do have a good understanding of auto electronics and am happy with using relays etc. etc.

Question: Where will the best place to get hold of a switched 12v supply that can handel the 4-5A current each seat can draw at max (while heating). This will be my first electrical job in a Porsche and I'm frankly struggling given how Porsche puts a specific loom into each car's options spec, rather than a one size fits all approach I'm used to with other cars.

Tap into seat power: Although I have manual seats, the back is still motor drive - so first thought was that I could borrow 12v power here. The wiring is also likely up to the job given that seat motors can draw up to around 20A. BUT the supply here is always on - not switched with ignition - so I'd inevitably leave the heaters on and drain the battery. There is a BOSE module under the drivers seat, so an option for power there, but even less detail/info about about specs here, and it dosn't answer the passenger side question so that's out.

Center console: Seems to be a source of switched power in here - but concerned it won't be rated/safe for the current draw - given it will only be designed for accessories and phone charging. Also - as above, how do I get under the carpet to run this neatly from the center console to under the seat?

Run wire from the Fuse Box: This is what I want to do really, and use a spare slot on the factory box for a centralised fuse location (I have having fuses just.. hanging around) - but I'm looking for a way to run the 12v neatly back to under the seats and leverage the existing cut out in the carpet to run the wire. I'm good with getting behind the carpet around the fuse box.. and getting the wire to the other footwell - but how do I get to the seats in a neat and tidy fashion? Can't find a guide or info on lifting the carpet on a 987. Perhaps I could tuck under the inside door sills?

Your help most appreciated!

Kind regards,

Rob

• By BENC911
      I was told that i had power seats but i cannot get them to work. Everthing i find it appears that they are actually NOT power seats or they are not the seats that came with the car. Can anyone tell me if they are? I have included a pictures of the seat, maybe i have to buy something to get them to work? I was expecting motors or something underneath but as the picture shows there are none. 

• By Dmellos
      This is the wiring diagrams doe the 981 CDR system and BOSE sound system..Hope it is useful