Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

06 S

Today while sitting in traffic I heard a slight pop on the passenger side and saw smoke/steam fly out from the passenger side at the windshield. Temperatures climbed slightly over the next 10 minutes but came back to normal as I made my way home. Upon immediate inspection, I see nothing obvious except some coolant on the ground coming from behind the passenger front wheel, and the fill cap there at the windshield junction was a little wet. There was also a little on a bolt directly down from the torque arm.

I do not know the routing of the lines or what to look for once I get this all off, if I can even see where the leak is coming from. Can someone explain the coolant line routing in that area and suspected fail points?

I've had to replace the reservoir on my 05 CTT because it was cracked and leaked out antifreeze behind the front passenger tire. It's not a difficult job, and it can be done in about and hour or two. If there's not much fluid left then your fine, if there's alot then either get a big bag or kitty litter or siphon it out. Remove the plastic covers on the passenger side, remove the passenger headlight (you'll need to take out the neck for the washer fluid, and there's a 16mm bolt to remove for the torque strut mount right under the tank), unscrew (at the engine) and take out the torque strut assembly, remove the torx screw that holds the tank on in the bottom, then remove the hoses that surround it and the main hose at the bottom. Install in reverse order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took all the plastic off today, realizing that the dealership has apparently lost/broken all the screws that hold it on.

Yet I see nothing wrong other than the coolant level being below the min mark. It appears that the overflow tank regurgitated through the cap. The two upper hoses are fine and what I can see of the lower one appears fine as well. I let it warm to operating temp tonight and it held perfectly.

Oil level is perfect and no signs of any coolant in the oil either.