Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

97 Boxster crank no start

No, I meant revert everything back to stock and try to crank. Do not jumper anything. If the car does not even crank, it's likely an immobilizer issue.

I've not heard of Durametric rental. There's a thread here where Durametric owners posted that they are willing to help locally.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Justin Boisclaire said:

39 signal converter faulty, 34 passenger compartment short to b+, 47 Central locking synchronization, 23 w lead to DME short to b+, 42 wrong transponder pill, 25 no terminal 86 s recognized.

That looks like your central locking/alarm computer is malfunctioning and keeping the car from starting (thinks you are stealing it).  Has this key worked in the past?  If it has, you need to start looking at the control unit under the driver's seat to see if it is wet, has become disconnected, or has its internal fuse blown.

39 signal converter faulty, 34 passenger compartment short to b+, 47 Central locking synchronization, 23 w lead to DME short to b+, 42 wrong transponder pill, 25 no terminal 86 s recognized.

The car ran fine before the installation of the radio. The buttons on the remote never worked. The module under the seat is dry, the car stays in my shop and never gets driven in the rain.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Justin Boisclaire said:

The car ran fine before the installation of the radio. The buttons on the remote never worked. The module under the seat is dry, the car stays in my shop and never gets driven in the rain.

That maybe, but the fault codes say it is the central locking system, you need to figure out what was done during the radio install that upset it.

It would also be helpful if you listed the "P" codes as well.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Justin Boisclaire said:

Not sure that we pulled up any p codes. The guy that scanned it has my under seat module and is going to see if he can fix it. All this is over my head, wish i knew more about it tho because of my love for cars.

Works this way:  When you insert your key into the ignition, a pill in the key is read by the box under the seat, which then sends a code to the DME, allowing the car to start.  If someone tried to hot wire the car, or use a bogus key, no pill, no read, no signal to the DME, car won't fire.

Not sure that we pulled up any p codes. The guy that scanned it has my under seat module and is going to see if he can fix it. All this is over my head, wish i knew more about it tho because of my love for cars.

Thanks i will make sure it gets checked.

Would immobilizer cause the car not to see the cps? His scanner did not see any rpms when the car was turning over....

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Justin Boisclaire said:

Well the guy says the immobilizer is working correctly... ecu?

Put the immobilizer back into the car and try cranking it while measuring the fuel pressure at the Schrader valve on the fuel rail, and tell us what the fuel pressure reads.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Justin Boisclaire said:

The fuel pump does not turn on. I can put 12v to it and it will run. 

If you are sure your fuel pump relay is good, and the pump turns on when jumpered, I am back to the immobilizer, which shuts the fuel and ignition off if it fails to see engine rotation. 

Do a search here for checking the CPS, there are a couple of simple resistance test you can run.  At room temp the resistance between terminal 1 and 2 should be between 800 and 1000 ohms according to Porsche diagnostic manual.  The full diagnostic should call for removing the DME and check the continuity between pin 1 of sensor and pin 32 of DME, then pin 2 of sensor and pin 46 of the DME. Also check resistance between pins 1&3, then 2&3, of the sensor. They should read infinity. If those check out, replace the sensor.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, wizard said:

"The car ran fine before the installation of the radio"

This may assist in tracking down your issue ...
https://cai-store.com/pages/911-boxster-double-din-conversion

Let me see if I understand the actuation of the anti-theft wire. The Becker radio has a insulated portion of the chassis that rests against the tab that the anti-theft wire is attached to, so if the radio is removed does the tab ground itself causing a radio theft fault? Further, if a new radio is installed with bare metal against this tab, it grounds the tab/anti-theft wire again causing a theft fault to occur?

I had mine installed at a place very familiar with Porsches so I wasn't aware of any of this, so this is good info for me to know.