Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Started looking for info/details on changing differential fluid for the PTT.
I plan to do both front & read diff.
Hoping it is as easy as on Cayenne.

If anyone has seen a link to DIY info, has instrucitons details, I will greatly appreciate.  Again this is for front and rear diff.

I will be doing a DIY for it, so that others can benefit.

Thank you.

Edited by ciaka

On Cayenne we used Mobil 1 75W90 Synthetic Gear Oil LS.

Is it safe to assume that will also apply to Panamera?

What exactly is the TF 0951?  Is that some rating from Shell?  Would love to understand.

Edited by ciaka

I came across a cross reference where the Shell TF 0951 gear oil (Spirax), was on same cross reference line with Mobil Synthetic gear oil (same certifications:  API GI-5; MACK GO-J PLUS).

Does that help in saying the Mobil synthetic gear oil 75w90 would be fine?   The viscosity of the OE gear oil is same - 75W90.  Hoping to do the change this weekend.  Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 11.35.20 AM.png

I was just able to confirm that Porsche Cayenne Turbo 2003-2006 uses same part number for gear oil.

Porsche PN for Cayenne Turbo differential oil:  000 043 205 30 - 75W90

Porsche PN for Panamera Turbo differential oil:  000 043 205 30 - 75W90

Since both cars use same PN for same fluid, and since for years folks including myself used the Mobil synthetic gear oil LS 75W90, what say you?  I guess I am looking for reassurance, even though my mind is kind of made up here (hey, gotta be honest).

Thanks again.

Just now, Loren said:

Shell Spirax S6 GXME is 75w80 -- not 75w90.

...this means I must have been looking at the wrong cross reference.  The PET 2 parts clearly state 75W90, with PN 000 043 205 30.

Through bit more research, I found cross reference between Shell Spirax gear oil.

Attached links for datasheet to each, took snapshot of properties tables.  

Looking at both, I think using the Mobil Delvac 1 synthetic gear oil LS 75W90, will be safe.  If anyone can chime in to stop me with reasons, please do.  I would hate to learn this lesson expensive way.

Thanks.

Shell Spirax S6 AXRME 75W90 Synthetic Oil Datasheet Info:

1403111562_ScreenShot2018-05-15at12_29_43PM.png.2cef00b4465987275ec1cdc41667686c.png

Mobil Delvac 1 Gear Oil LS 75W90 Datasheet Info:

670889425_ScreenShot2018-05-15at12_33_14PM.png.ca9a1ceff35cb87f41b860210b6b2ff0.png