Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Boxster 986 gearbox issues, wont drive but moves in reverse

Hi

I am new here.

I recently bought a 1998 2.5 Tiptronic Boxter, 80k fsh with a gearbox fault.It has no forward drive in "D" but it will select and move the wheels in reverse.

I have correctly replaced pan filter and gearbox oil to temperature and topped up. It was dark grey when drained.

I have used a Mac tools diagnostic scanner to check and clear codes, but none were present.

It flashes red in "D" on the dash and no gear selection light is moving up or down on dash using tiptronic steering wheel shifter?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Update, just been selecting gears while on diagnostics and sometimes it now does go in gear but still flashes red and no gear selection light on tiptroninc. I am thinking its a micro switch in the gear shifter gate? Also scanner says its in gear while in N {but no forward momentum} and 2nd in D with temperamental movement in gear?

Edited by DamienPaul

Hiya

Thank you for the replies. 

NO metal filings or debris in oil just discoloured also no burn smell.

It came to me with the issue. It was just selecting reverse and moving but not in forward gears. 

After trying different things it now has forward momentum and goes through gears while on ramp if you very firmly bring gear selector down from Neutral into Drive but red light still flashing and no tiptronic